Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Taco Soup

Isn't it just something when you can put on a pair of warm socks, grab your favorite blanket, a big bowl of soup with a few crackers, plop down on the couch and just enjoy. I love it!


This past week we've made several cozy meals that warmed us up from the cold air. but my favorite was the Taco Soup.
Mmmm...mmmm...good!!! This soup is SO yummy!!! And talk about easy...crockpot friendly too!


You will need the following items:

  • 1 lb hamburger (or turkey)
  • 1 packet of ranch seasoning
  • 1packet of taco seasoning
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 can of tomato sauce
  • 1 can of Rotel
  • 1 can of water
  • 1 can of pinto beans
  • 1 can of ranch style beans
  • 1 T cumin
  • 2 t minced garlic

Where to begin?

Start by browning your hamburger on the stove. I add the cumin and garlic to the hamburger so it soaks up all of their goodiness. While that's cooking, throw everything else in the crockpot. Yep, everything. Mix it all together while the hamburger is cooking. Now, this past time I made the soup, I didn't have a can of ranch style beans. I did, however, have 2 cans of pinto beans, so I made due with what I had. You know what? It turned out just as good. Once your hamburger is brown and cooked all the way through, just dump it into the crockpot. Throw the lid on and set it to cook for 6-8 hours.

When it's supper time, you can can grate up some cheddar cheese and sprinkle it on top. Mike likes to add Tabasco sauce (but that's on everything) to finish it off.

I hope you try it. It's a good crockpot recipe to have on hand.

3 comments:

  1. We love taco soup!! Thanks for linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a YUMMY!!! recipe for soup. I like having different recipes for soup to make on cold winter days.
    I have become a follower of your blog, I love to share recipes and ideas. Come by and visit my you can do the same.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE tortilla soup! I hope you'll add the link to my CrockPot carnival to this post.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14