Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sweet Goodness and a Grateful Heart


When we lived in Louisiana we were all about eating up all the yummy crawfish. We just couldn't get enough of them. Now that we're in South Carolina...it's all about the crabs. Blue Crabs!!!



Of course, Maryland is known the best for their crabs thanks to the Chesapeake Bay...so when Mike's Dad was here he had to show us how to steam crab the Maryland way.

A little bit of blue crabs...
A little bit of season...

Some corn and potatoes and...

Ta Da!!!
Steam it up boys!!!


I have this many pictures of the end result:
0
Yes I know...Mrs. Photographer has zero pictures. Boo!!!
But yall, these crabs were SOOOOOOO finger lickin' good; I couldn't wait to get my fingers on them. So, you'll have to take my word that they were good..Ok?

Not only was the food good, but the company was as well. Dad was here (the Chef of the evening) and we had our neighbor Jan over. The girls went to bed and we hung outside with the monster mosquitoes. No worries, the monitor was with us.

~~~~~~~
On another note, today is Monday...in my house it's considered our Thursday since my hubby has W&F's for his weekend. We had such a great day yesterday. Mike was sent home from work early and we were able to make it to church. HAPPY WIFE!!!! The girls were in great moods all day. We played and napped together. Went on an adventure through the town and even stayed up passed our bed times. Oooh!!! *smile* It was a gracious day.

This past week has been a big turn around for me. Over teh past couple of weeks, I have entered into this stage of "slumpness" and haven't been able to manage my way out. I talked to Mike and poured out my heart to him and explained how bad I felt and of course, as he always does, he helped pull me out of that hole that I was in. What would I have done if God wouldn't have blessed me with such a grounded partner in life? He's my sanity when all of mine is gone, he's the common when all my sense is missing, he's my shoulder when the tears won't stop falling, he's the hand that I reach for when my world collapses on top of me.
He's my everything.


Have you heard the newest song by  Dave Barnes?

It has become one of my favorite songs and if I could sing it to my husband I SO would.
Anyhoo...I'm just grateful to have him to walk with through my crazy, fun, exciting, hard, and joyful life that I'm living.

I hope you have a wonderful Monday and remember to be thankful for all of the amazing blessings that God has graced you with...even the ones that seem minute and almost unseen.

He's with you everywhere and more.

I'm sharing this over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Homemaker Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14