Saturday, November 6, 2010

Stocking My Freezer--The Prep List

Whewwww!! After a looooooong trip to the grocery store and farmer's market I finally made it home with my monthly stock of food and pantry stockers. It took a bit of planning, but I knew that it was important to make sure that I participated in Life As Mom's Freezer Cooking this month. You would not believe how much of a time saver it is to have prepped or even pre-cooked food in the freezer when you have twin babies calling your name.
That screw that likes to drive itself into my shoulder muscles (I believe they're the deltoids) around 5:30-6 o'clock everyday at supper time is slowly releasing the harsh pressure and tremendous amount of stress that it likes to enforce on me. Thank you Lord.

The girls' have been slowly graduating to more textured food, but they are still gagging on most stuff. Right now, textured = spaghetti and oatmeal. That's 'bout it. Other than that, they're still eating their fruits and veggies that I've been making for them. On that note, my stock of their food was getting low so I decided to go ahead and add that to my Freezer list as well. Usually I try to take one day out the week for baby food prep, but I haven't done that in almost 2 weeks.

After looking through my freezers, I realized that I was all out of chicken stock, so it was once time again to make a big batch of that. The cold has officially moved in. It was 36 degrees last night. So, I think that calls for chili; add that to the list as well. If I had a whole day of straight cooking, I would attempt a pan of lasagna, tatortot casserole, and some other stuff...but I can't cook all that and tend to the girls. So...baby steps. *giggle*

My starter inventory: (I highlighted the babys' food in pink)

1 basket of varied color bell peppers
2 butternut squash
2 spaghetti squash
3 lb bag of yellow onions
2- 2 lb bags of carrots (1 bag for the girls)
8 lbs of ground hamburger
1 package of 4 leg quarters
1 package of 8 boneless chicken breasts
5 lbs of Bartlett pears
5 lbs of Gala apples
Mojo Marinade
1 lb of dry Kidney Beans
3 lbs sweet potatoes
1 bag frozen peas

Cooking plan:
1 BIG pot of Chili
Shredded chicken
Cooked Ground Hamburger
Marinaded Chicken Breasts
Fajita Kit
Chopped Onions
Sliced Carrots
Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Peas
Butternut Squash
Spaghetti Squash

So there's my plan of attack. Hopefully I'll get it all done.

Are you planning to restock your freezer this month? If so, share your plan over at Life As Mom. Let's others in on your secrets...including me.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14