Saturday, June 25, 2011

Recipes To Try #5

Yes yes! It's Saturday and time again for another round of my favorite recipes. Oooh! I don't know what's going on here lately but the recipes I've been spotting are to die for! Maybe the heat is inspiring everyone to create such eat-em-up type dishes. I'm so content with that, because that means that my list of go to recipes will continue to grow and the crowd I'm feeding will stay on their toes when meal time arrives.
This week, I thought I'd throw in a little bit of a curve ball. I thought I'd focus on one sort of area, say...bread. Any type of bread at that: dessert, rolls, buns..etc.


Remember last week when I shared the cauliflower pizza crust (or maybe that was the week before) well Freeze Your Way Fit shares her recipe and how she uses it as bread sticks. Mmm...mm..and a funny story to go along with it that reminds me of my Mike. *smile*



I'm a big fan of muffins and when I stumbled across these on the Whole Foods site, I was excited. GF Flax seed Muffins sound intimidating, but when you look at the recipe, you'll be like "WHOA!!!"
 Gluten free is a major plus too! So here's a great one to add to your collection. Trying this one for breakfast tomorrow. EEEeeek!!!


Saving Naturally shared this recipe a couple of weeks ago, Flourless Brownies. I've actually already incorporated this one into our recipe binder. And if you think that for one minute someone will turn them down because of the ingredients...don't mention them. They will honestly NE-VER know. Trust me! *wink*


My family is a huge fan of English Muffins. I'm always looking for BOGO sales at the store so I can stock up. I never even thought of making them myself. Finding Joy In My Kitchen shares her recipe for Homemade English Muffins that sounds so easy. I'm positive it'll be a hit!

I'm always forgetting the main ingredient when I've planned to grill hamburgers for supper. And there's nothing worse for a budget than a quick last minute trip to the grocery store for one thing. So when I saw Amy's recipe for Homemade Hamburger Buns, I flipped! I'll never have to buy them again. YAY!!!

If you're new, pick up a button and share this gathering with your readers. All in attempt to share some healthy alternative recipes between a group of a-MAZING friends!!



If you have a recipe to share, add it to the linky at the bottom and make sure to leave a comment afterwards telling me what you made. On the following Tuesday, I'll pick 2 favorites and feature you and your recipe. That gives everyone enough time to enter their recipes.

If you're the lucky feature, you'll get this pretty button to post on your blog. How's that sound?






 


I hope you're having fun with this. I know I am. Sifting through recipes is a blast to me. I hope you enjoy your time here! Don't forget to post your recipe...now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14