Friday, February 10, 2012

I am, I am...

...I am tired. Even with coffee in my veins, I'm tired. Still not over this whole bronchitis thing. Totally kicking my boo-tay!

...I am whipping up some yummy pigs in a blanket for the Littles.


...I am enjoying my little devotional book.

...I am dreaming about falling into these clean sheets tonight. Sweet dreams! I guess I'm going to have to put them on the bed first...hmmm.


...I am waiting for my hubby to get home to snuggle up with me and keep me warm.

...I am watching these beauties learn to play so well with each other.


...I am instilling true silliness into the hearts of my Littles.




Am I doing good or what!?!?!

...I am soaking up all the baby I can from these girls. There's not much left and I want to catch it all before it's completely gone.



Pigs in a Blanket

I use these hot dogs.


I use this recipe for the blanket part.
Very yummy and super easy!

I cut the hot dogs in half length wise, and then into small portions. Wrap the dough around them and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.


Praying everyone has a blessed and safe weekend.



If you can't reach the link to the bread recipe, I've included it below.

Brioche
(this is a half recipe; it can be doubled)


3/4 cups lukewarm water
3/4 tablespoon granulated yeast
3/4 tablespoons salt
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
3 ¾ unbleached flour (I used Eagle mills wheat blend)

Mix the yeast, salt, eggs, honey and melted butter with the water in a plastic shoebox. Mix in the flour
without kneading, using a spoon. Alternately, you may use a stand mixer. The dough will be loose, but
will firm up when chilled; don’t work with it yet. Cover all allow it rest at room temperature until the
dough rises and collapses. This dough can be used as soon as it’s chilled after the initial rise. Refrigerate
and use within 5 days. Or separate into two 1 pound portions and freeze in quart size bags (I tested this
and it worked great). Allow the dough to thaw 24 hours in the fridge before using. Proceed to make
items using crescent roll dough, like the chicken braid or other appetizers using Pillsbury crescent dough.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, we like pigs in a blanket - I haven't made them in quite some time...maybe it's time to whip some up!!! Hope you continue feeling better and have a rest-filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy!
    Great to hear that you're encouraging silliness in your girls! Makes life a lot more interesting when you have a good sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you can get some rest this weekend and feel 100% soon! Yep, you're doing an awesome job with the silliness! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14