Monday, May 7, 2012

New Steps

Well it's Monday and I'm not quite sure I'm ready for what I have in mind for the week. With a weekend like we had, I need another one to simply recoup from it all. No complaints, just some motherly observation. 

With the weather finally acting like summer weather should, popsicles seemed only appropriate for a warm and sunny Friday afternoon. I thought FUN and CARE FREE...popsicles sounded like a GREAT addition! 

They tasted great!!! 
Just look at their shirts. 
But the sweetness didn't run through their veins like I had hoped for...and I should have taken this as a sign that things were going south fast. 


Miss Hope woke with a fever after nap and the rest of her evening was just miserable. The rest of our weekend we cuddled up inside and and tried to take it easy so the pesky fever wouldn't spike again. We spent a lot of quality time in the playroom and used it for what it's best at.
ENTERTAINMENT.


We also made some Big Girl steps this weekend despite Hope's fever. Daddy transitioned cribs into toddler beds. We tossed all our sippy cups in the trash and graduated to cups. And low and behold, I think we're going to start potty training this week. 


Things are moving right along and I'm having a hard time realizing how crazy fast my Littles are turning into  not so little Big Girls. Tear!

With all the inside time I had this weekend, I took advantage and jotted down some things I had in mind for this coming week. A list of goals, per say, to keep me motivated and focused on staying off the couch. (Which is becoming easier and easier as the days go on) 

1.  Plan out menu for the week in reference to food on hand.
2. Pull stuff for garage sale at least 10 minutes a day.
3. Pick up cleaning supplies. 
4. Put clothing tubs up in attic. (more like the hubby's job *wink*)
5. Start potty training.
6. Create a new budget before Thursday (refer to 3).
7. Walk at least 2-3 times this week if able (refer to 3).
8. Sit and read my book.

That's it. Nothing too crazy, except the potty training. We'll see how it goes. I know it's going to be a big trial but in order to be successful, we at least have to make an effort to start. Right?

Big Girl beds are going great for now.
Sippy cup intervention has gone quite smooth and has been a great success.
Potty training...I have faith!

And...

Did you know if you keep you foil in the fridge it extends it's life by years!!!!

Oh the mind of the pregnant lady.

Happy Monday everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the "puffs" in the girls' hair! I used to do that, before the girls were wayyy too grown up for that kind of thing. sniff, sniff, sigh.

    You graduated them from sippy cups to real cups? Holy cow. You're awesome, they're awesome. We're not awesome, or brave, or willing to wipe up juice every time Judah spills alloverthefloorinanattempttostealdrinksfromhissiblings. Whew!

    And why oh why (just askin') do you need to lengthen the life of your foil? Meaning it will last longer in the drawer or in the freezer? Please explain this mystery to me.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14