Friday, October 12, 2012

In My Alone

I sat at the table this morning alone. Eating my eggs and drinking my oj, alone. The girls were whipped away by their Grandparents again. I realized while sitting there alone, that this was in fact the first time I had sat down alone at my table to eat my breakfast. 

Honestly, it's an odd feeling. Alone


a·lone


adjective (used predicatively)
1.
separate, apart, or isolated from others
2.
to the exclusion of all others or all else

I cleaned my plate and grabbed a book. Sat and read with no distractions.  Prayed over my fears and worries with the Lord for what's ahead. I gathered some strength that has long since dwindled over the past months. This alone time was good. I ran to my Father instead of running all over trying to fill my time with nonsense. It was pretty nice. I reconnected with myself, my faith, my Lord. 


My home is usually so full and boisterous with play and imagination. But today, today it is quiet and the silence was a therapeutic calm. Do you ever have a chance to just be alone? 


Without finding refuge in your bathroom where fingers can squeeze through underneath the door? Without hearing a single peep of "where's Moma?!?!" Without being found in your secret hiding place under the covers? Or better yet, "Hey hun, where is that ____ again?" 

I don't get much alone time to myself anymore these days. When it happens, I'm grateful. But I'm more grateful that even in my alone, I'm not fully alone. I'm grateful that I have a God that is there to support my lost and weary heart so that I can refuel and resurface with a better outlook. 

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."Joshua 1:9

What do you do? Where do you go? Who do you run to?



2 comments:

  1. So happy you had this time. Much needed, much deserved -- if nothing else for that reconnection to Him. Can not wait for this baby to arrive and fill your home with more love than you can begin to imagine. Praying for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a blessing to have a little time alone!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14