Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bringing in the New

Our Christmas this year was spent at home again. In our little living room around our tree in our pj's and socks. It was nice and special.
This year was so different than last even though we were still here.
The excitement in the girls' eyes was magical and that my friends is all the difference right there.

Prior to Christmas day, we enjoyed usual traditions. The girls decorated the tree, made Christmas cookies, built a gingerbread house, and made their own nativity scene so we could talk more about the real reason.  








 The night before they got baths and sat and watched Rudolph in their Christmas pjs. They  put out their decorated cookies for Santa and made feed for the reindeer so they wouldn't get hungry.  






The excitement flew by as everyone opened their gifts even though we really went slow and soaked it all up. Kids. 






So much excitement that this one passed out early.

 


Right now I'm listening to the bangs and booms of fireworks in the air. It's so crazy to think we're already bringing in another new year. 2014 is going to be very trying for our family. A deployment always brings a good bit of challenge with it...but as always we will do good. I'm looking forward to growing in so many ways and enjoying my children in a completely different manner. 
I was blessed beyond in 2013, I just know He'll carry me through this next year as He brings in the new.



My flesh and my heart may fail but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Happy New Years everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14