Thursday, December 17, 2009

Nana's Cookies

Needless to say, yesterday was a rough day at the Baby doctor . Come to find out, I'm already starting to have contractions. Good thing is, I can't feel them and they were able to give me a shot to stop them. My little girls thought they might be able to make it out in time for Christmas...Moma had to put her foot down.

So, I wasn't able to make anything spectacular to share with all of you yesterday, however, I do have a recipe from my Nana that she makes all the time, especially more so around Christmas. The famous...
da da da DAHHHHH!!!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie!!!!

That's right everyone, the chocolate chip cookie; and for some reason, mine NEVER turn out as good as hers (and I follow her recipe to the T).

BEEP!!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!!

WARNING:

This IS a double batch. SO...be prepared to either get your cookie grub on or to share them with friends and family.

I did send out the warning though.

Let's get started, shall we...

4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 t baking soda
2 t salt
2 cups shortening
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1 t water
4 eggs

Really simple from here: (Sorry, I don't have any pictures except for her Christmas delivery)

Preheat your oven to 350. Mix all your dry ingredients. Mix all your wet ingredients. Mix all your ingredients together. Form dough into small drops and place on cookie sheets. Bake for about 12 minutes. All ovens are different so just keep an eye on them.

Easy huh?
They are truly yummy. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. She makes her even smaller at Christmas time. They travel better and in my opinion, you don't feel as guilty for eating them due to their size.
Merry Christmas everyone!!!
God Bless!




1 comment:

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14