Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Easy Chicken Parmesan

I'm always looking for a different way to eat chicken. For some reason, this recipe never makes it too my menu and I'm not sure why because it is one of my favorites. It's super easy and even more yummy.

Chicken Parmesan

(Usually you would use boneless chicken breasts, but I like using tenderloins....portion control alert)

So let's get started:
 First, preheat your oven to 420 F

For the sauce you'll need:
1 can of crushed tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic (or 1 tspn of preminced)
A dash of salt and pepper
1 tspn basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp onion powder

Chicken...you're next!!
I used 8 tenderloins
Italian bread crumbs

If you're using boneless breasts, you'll need to thin them out. Simply put them in a storage bag. Now I don't have one of those meat tenderizer thingies (because I'm just too cheap to buy one) so I use one of my drinking glasses to pound the chicken until it's thin enough.
If you're using the tenderloins like I did, no need to worry about that.

So, where were we?
Oh...bed knobs and bread crumbs.

Take your chicken and cover it in any time of italian style bread crumbs. You're suppose to bread the chicken, dip it in 1 beaten egg, than bread it again, but I didn't have eggs and it turned out just as good. (if not better).


Next, put 2 tbsp oil in a skillet ( I like using my cast iron so I can transfer it straight to the oven). Place your chicken in the pan and brown on both sides.


Here is what my sauce looks like...simmering away while the chicken is cooking. YUMMO!!!
Once your chicken is cooked, take your sauce and poor it over the chicken. If you're not using an oven-ok pan, make sure to put it in a casserole dish of some sort. As you can see here, it looks like the chicken dissappeared...

Before I put it in the oven, I sprinkle some mozarrella and parmesan cheese over top. Put it in the oven for 15-20 minutes until it looks like this.


The oven time is the time you can cook some angel hair pasta. Add a vegetable (I chose green beans) and a glass of milk and wa LA!!! You have a complete meal in no time flat.

Make sure you try this recipe. It's definitely one to add to the collection.


This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday and Tempt my Tummy Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Thanks for sharing with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen!

    Yummy recipe! I am trying that one out for sure! Thanks for posting it on my BlogHer board. I loved looking around your blog. Such cute projects!

    Love that onesie!

    XOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14