Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Thoughts of a Mother/Wife



I woke up today with a heavy heart and mind. One that was overflowing with thoughts of to-dos and gots-ta get dones. I'm sure you know what I mean. When it came to get'n to all of those things, honestly, I just didn't want to get to them.
Is that horrible?

Have you ever just woke up one day and felt like you had absolutely no energy to motivate yourself to get up. Your mind is so weighed down with just, things. Nothing important really. Just clutter.
Yeah...that's me, today.
But..I had to get up. My girls were calling me and Mike..well..he was sound asleep.
There were other things calling me as well.
Like, the tub.

For a nice soak in some smell good bubbles?

Nope.

That ring of dirt that formed from bath time...yeah...it was saying,

"Get off your bottom and clean me!!!"

Those clothes sitting in the laundry sorter...again...calling my name. Begging to be tossed and turned in the washer and dryer. They desire to be clean. Hmm...really they just want to eventually make their way to the dryer that so conveniently sits on top of the washing machine.

The dishes from last nights supper...practically yelling from the kitchen sink to be heard all the way in my bedroom. How rude!!!

Well...don't think that I'm a horrible mother. I did get up and I took care of the girls. Fed them, bathed them, and rocked them back to sleep.

So...what am I to do with myself. Here I am, up and at 'em at 7:30 and totally NOT wanting to do one of the only jobs that I really have. All I'm wanting to do is crawl back in bed and get the 20 hours of sleep that I've lost over the last 3-4 days.

So here's what I did. I sat down in the quiet. Opened my heart and mind and had a conversation with my dearest friend...Jesus.
I poured out all of my laziness to Him and told Him exactly how I felt. That as much as I should want to, I really don't want to do anything today.

Wanna know what I did next?

I grabbed my bible and opened it up to Psalms 31 and read verses 10-31.

"She does good and not evil all the days of her life...She rises also while it is still night..She girds herself with strength and makes her arms strong....She senses that her gain is good; her lamp does not go out at night...charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her the product of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates."


I got up, went and got the broom and mop and got to work. Threw those dirty clothes in the washer and sprayed some scrubbing bubbles on that pesky dirt ring in the tub.
Was I thrilled?

Still "Nope."

But, I am a wife, a mother, and a woman of God and I will praise Him in everything I do.
In cleaning, washing, cooking...you name it...His name will be praised.

For without Him, who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14