Monday, December 6, 2010

Meet My Friend Aaron

Hey yall...I would like you to meet someone that is just the cutest thing.
His name is Aaron Luce.
When I came across a message his mother, Jess,  put out on Etsy, my heart was instantly aching to help him.
I know in the past there have been a lot of things that I have been too afraid to participate in because of my fear of being incapable of succeeding...but Aaron and his need touched my heart and I decided I wasn't going to let my fear of being unsuccessful stand in my way. I knew that God put his story in front of me for a reason and I was being called to show His grace.

Aaron was born in July with pneumonia. After a run of tests he was finally diagnosed with congenital lobar emphysema. If you don't know what that is (I didn't so don't feel silly), it is a "respiratory disease that occurs in infants when air enters the lungs but cannot leave easily."  He is home with his family but has a GI tube right at the top of his belly.

I'm sharing Aaron with you because he is number 1, a doll to look at, and two, he needs some help. Because Aaron has the tube in his belly and he can't wear those adorable little clothes that you see for sale in stores. The tube is there because he can't take in large amounts of food that would normally provide sufficient nutrients to his little body. So, any outfit he wears must have access to his tube.
His mother said," Right now I have his jammies unzipped to his belly button...he looks like he's stuck in the 70's with his shirt unbuttoned, all he needs is a giant gold necklace and some chest hair to complete his look, lol."

I let her know that I wanted to help and that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm in the process of sewing come outfits together so he can look all so cute...but I want to do something more than that. Aaron has a page at Caring Bridge. On his page, there is a link where donations can be accepted to help his family financially, but I would love for my fellow blogger friends and family to reach out this season and help a child that is in need. If you're a seamstress or just a simple crafter like myself, can you help? I'm trying to collect as many outfits as possible for Aaron so he has a decent collection. He deserves to look all spiffy...I mean look at him!!

Photobucket




He's ADORABLE!!

If you can't help out that way, would you please place this button on you page to share with others? I would be very grateful.

If you're interested in helping, please contact me at angelmoma84@gmail.com. Let's start the season off with a bang and provide this little man with a cute wardrobe.

Thank you so much. I love you all and hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!!

Sweet luvins!!!

1 comment:

  1. I would love love love to help!!!! Unfortunatly, I can't help financially right now...but, I would love to sew some of my snugglesaurus' clothes to fit Aaron!! Just let me know what I can do! :) Praying for Aaron and his family!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14