Monday, February 14, 2011

Two Sick Babies and a Menu





I've spent the past week cuddling up to the little girl. She started off with a fever spiraling up and then drastically making a downfall only to spiral again. She's had a rough week already. On top of that, she now has a head full of sinus pressure, boogies, and lot's of snot. I know, it's gross. But it's breaking my heart.

She has cuddled with me more than ever because she feels so blah.

Savannah....well...she's been doing great up until this morning. She informed me after waking up that she was stopped up by constantly sniffling her boogies in and out of her nose . She's my little goonie I tell ya.

She has been all about her glow seahorse today too. That's a big sign that she doesn't feel good too.

So now, I have this whole next week to get my babies better. We are eating lot's of fruit filled with Vitamin C and drinking LOTS of fluids. They are sleeping more than usual which is fine with me too. I'll take a nap with them thank you.

Daddy has started swing shift again so he goes in the afternoon to work instead of the mornings. This makes cooking a bit different. So, instead of cooking BIG suppers for myself and the girls...we have changed it up and are now focusing more on lunches. Making them interesting and fun.

Meal planning has also changed for me too. I no longer have babies eating pureed food all.the.time. My girls have graduated and can now eat pretty much anything. They ate steak with us again last night....
they love LOVE LOVE it!!


If I don't account for their meals on my plan, I end up standing in the kitchen all frantic because I haven't a clue what to feed them all the while they're staring at me in the highchairs crying because they're hungry. Not a good way to start a meal.

So, their meals now have a slot on Moma and Daddy's meal plan. The girls' meals are written in green ink and Moma and Daddy's are in blue. For now, I use the meal planner I found on Tip Junkie. I'll be sharing my whole menu planning process with you next week *smile*
I attempted to upload our plan so you could see for yourself the meals for the week, but I couldn't figure it out. *sigh*
Anyhoo...Here's our menu (just the big kids):

Monday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches and fruit
Tuesday: Grilled Fish, wild rice, green beans
Wednesday: Creamy Pork Loin, mashed potatoes and gravy
Thursday: General Tsao's chicken and sesame noodles
Friday: Cold Cut Sandwiches and fresh cut veggies
Saturday: Homemade Pizza and salads
Sunday: Mexican chicken bake

Of course, all the meals are flexible. Last week, we didn't do to well with sticking to our menu. But, when you have sick babies...cooking is the last thing on your mind.


For those of you that have been praying for my girls to kick the sniffle bug...Hope is getting better and Savannah is now sick.

Before bed last night, the girls heard the dogs outside barking...it's not often that they'll stand beside each other for more than a minute. I had to snap a shot.


Happy Monday!!!!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14