Friday, July 1, 2011

It's Time! Twin Time!

There are plenty of mothers out there that I can relate to when it comes to raising my children. But there's nothing like the silly stories that seem to build a connection than those of twin Moms. Today, I'm so happy to have a great friend of mine here to visit and share some tid-bits of her very own
Twin Time.



Hi there. My name is Holly (more commonly known as Kooper and Khloee's mom these days) and my blog is called Twin Time .

I met Kristen at Hope Abound through our blogging. It's so great to have people out there that "really" get it. I swear someday, some how, we will meet in real life! I will try to introduce our life to you as simply (nothing in my life is simple, btw) as I can.

I've been married to my amazing husband for 5 years now (seems longer, WAY longer, is that bad?). When we were first married we moved to sunny southern Utah for a great development job he received. We spent our first few years of marraige enjoying doing whatever we wanted to do whenever we wanted to do it. Golfing, camping, traveling, eating out, etc.


The economy slowly started to take a turn for the worst so we started saving like crazy and preparing for a layoff. Actively trying to get pregnant it took a little while longer than we thought it would. Now we know why.... because only time and as much maturity as we could possibly scramble up would prepare us for what was next.

Pregnancy finally happened and at 7 weeks we found out we were having twins. I had things from blood clots in my uterus to starting to dialate at 26 weeks. For almost 3/4 of my pregnancy I was on complete and total bed rest. No more doing hair, nothing. We were terrified at the thought of loosing these angels and so I stuck to doctors orders like crazy! That's when I started reading blogs of other twin moms and decided to start my own. I'm so glad I did. I also learned more from the blogs than any twin book or twin reading I did on the Internet. Real life stories and strategies is what helped me get ready for what I was in for.

When I was about 30 weeks along my hubs indeed got layed off. It was terrifying but truly we were expecting it about a year sooner so we were grateful to have gotten that far. He very quickly got a job offer in his little hometown in northern Utah (6 hours away). While we were so excited to have a job offer this soon we were in a rough spot. I was barely keeping the twins in the womb. We were so comfortable with our doc, the hospital, perinatologist, etc we decided to take a chance.

The man he now works for said he would try to hold the position as long as he could while we got through the pregnancy and got the twins here safely. Now looking back I'm so glad we went with our instincts. If the babies were born in the tiny town we now live in they would have been life flighted to SLC.

 We waited.

At 33 weeks my water broke. Four hours later I became a mom to the most precious and beautiful babies imaginable. We spent 17 days in the NICU with our tiny bundles of joy.

 It was a long road to say the least but I wouldn't change it for anything. We didn't make a move until the duo turned 6 months old. RSV season was over, they had weight on them and we headed to northern Utah. Now, here we are.

We live in my husbands hometown and are loving life. I'm so thankful for my family and the ability to get to stay home and take care of them. It's not even close to being easy all the time but it's worth every second!

If you want to come follow our CrAzY fun journey doing the best we can come on over to Twin Time . We'd be more than glad to have you!

Happy Friday everyone!

She said it right yall! It's not easy, but it's so worth it. Twin's are so much fun and there is never a dull moment. Especially at this age. Make sure to head over to Holly's blog and keep up with her twins. Thank you Holly for being my guest!!!



Have you entered my Brighton Giveaway?!? Click here to get your name in the hat. The contest ends soon.

1 comment:

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14