Saturday, July 16, 2011

Recipes to Try #7 "Toddler Meals"

Oh toddlers!

We love them all. But sometimes trying to figure out what to feed those little munchkins can be a mind boggling experience. It can turn a full of fun day to a nightmare at the flip of a switch. Let's admit it...this part of parenting is definitely not fun. At.ALL!

If your toddler(s) is like mine, they might be entering a texture/appearance stage. Refusing to eat or touch anything that feels funny in their mouth or looks normal weird. But let's try to create something besides a normal PB&J, hot dogs, or homemade chicken nuggets. It's all about repetition.

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

It may be the trick...

Here are some pretty nifty recipes I came across this week that will surely be attempted here at my house.

Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups
I remember eating the store bought ones when I was younger...I can only imagine how good these are.

Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf Bites
I'm a huge fan of incorporating turkey into our meals. This is a sure way of getting my girls to eat what I call the "other white meat."

Yummy Peanut Noodles
This recipes sounds a bit complex, but really delicious!


Black Bean Sweet Potato Quesadilla
This needs no explaining!

Baked BBQ Tofu Bites
I've made a similar dish, but this sounds intriguing


Chickpea Sandwich Spread
Talk about protein!!!

I'm hoping that you are greeted with some well desired inspiration and are left with nothing but a sense of relief and some ful toddler bellies. Fingers crossed!

Happy Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14