Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Inside Activities: Painters Tape

My girls have a connection with the outdoors. The word outside is now a permanent part of their vocabulary and they share this word through out the day...every day. *smile* I honestly have no problem with that.
Fresh air.
Sunshine.
Exercise.
Movement. It's all good for me and them.

But, there are those days where adventures outside are just not possible. Rain. Windy cold. Way too hot. So, activities inside to keep the little moving and grooving are a must.

This past week, there was a day when we were stuck inside all day and I came up with a very clever idea to get their feet moving.

I grabbed some painters tape, pushed the coffee table out of the way to open up the living room, turned on some Veggie Tales, and let the games begin. 


At first we just jumped up and down.
Then we did a mimic type activity: One foot in, one foot out. Hop in, hop out. 
Tap your feet in the square.
We tossed bean bags in the squares.
We tapped out feet around the edge while going in circles.

Then we just danced, flipped, and did whatever we wanted.

Okay, well whatever they wanted. I sat back and watched by the time we got to this point. It was awesome!  




We seriously spent over and hour, if not two, playing around the living room with these squares. The funny thing is, they're still on the floor and when they walk by, they'll tap it with their foot as if it's part of walking. I have also seen Hope sitting beside them putting her animals and baby dolls inside. My silly girls.

This just goes to show that you don't have to feel at loss on rainy days. Grab something cheap and inexpensive, dig into your file and pull out the childlike imagination, and go play.
You won't regret it!!

2 comments:

  1. Such a simple, cute idea - it's always these sorts of ideas that allow for endless hours of fun! Great reminder to pull our huge cardboard box out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a brilliant bit of mommying. Kristen - I look forward to reading more - especially since my baby sister whom I love deeply just fund out she's having twin girls and is out of her mind SCARED - she has a two year old girl already - and - well - I need to know stuff!!! She needs to know stuff. YOU KNOW STUFF!!!! So I'll be reading. If you have anything written on being scared about the prospect of having twins - or write a post about it please let me know. God bless and keep you and all of yours.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14