Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My family is one that really enjoys smoking meats. Give us a long weekend and you'll more than likely see some smoke barrelling from the back yard followed by the sweet smell of hickory. Mmm...mmm!! Doesn't get better than that...or can it?

While we love devouring a good smoked pork roast or a nice slab of ribs, we're not too fond of the cleanup. Its messy. It's gross. And if you have a husband like mine that forgets to bring in the pan and leaves it outside for a day or two for you to find later....it only gets worse.

Thankfully, I was approached by Jessica with Stanley Home Products a while back. I was given the opportunity to try out their Degreaser Concentrate which I must say, does wonders on a pan that looks like this...

I know...it's disgusting. Cleaning this pan became so much easier when I used the Degreaser. I simply added a teaspoon of the the concentrate to the pan and filled it with hot water. I set it on the counter and let it soak for thirty minutes.

When I came back to finish cleaning it, the grime and oily build up from smoking the meat washed away with nothing more than a gently scrub. I loved it!!!

 Look at the end result!!!
 (NOTE: this pan is a grill pan and is left wiht a permanent discoloration from long periods of high high heat.)

The Degreaser Concentrate can also be used to dissolve grease on "cookware, countertops, broilers, dishes, tools, and walls - wherever grease build-up is a problem."


1. Clean stainless steel sinks using Degreaser and Stanley stainless
steel sponges.
2. To keep drains running smoothly pour 1 tsp. down the drain and
allow to set overnight.
3. Clean garbage disposals by adding 1 tsp. of Degreaser to 1
quart warm water. Pour solution into disposal and allow it to set
overnight.
4. Presoak dishes using 1 capful of Degreaser in your dish-water.
Soak dishes for several minutes, then wash as usual.
5. Regular use of Degreaser in your dishwasher helps prevent
grease build-up in drains.
Click HERE to read more.
You can purchase this 32 oz bottle of Degreaser Concentrate directly from Stanley Home Products website for $9.99.






Thoughts on the product:
- Frugal
- Easy to use
- Effective
- Leaves no residue
- Has no overwhelming odor
- Overall, I was impressed.



DISCLAIMER:
Thank you to Stanley Homes Prodcuts and Jessica Bloom for the opportunity to review Stanley Homes Degreaser Concentrate. I was sent this product for free to review in my home at my own disposal. All opinions are mine and mine alone. No compensation was provided.

 

1 comment:

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14