Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Easy Pasta Bake

--Sometimes my mind escapes me right before it's time to cook supper. 
--Sometimes I'm ready and all geared up to tackle fixing some good eats. 
--Sometimes, I actually think ahead of time and create a great and extremely easy supper before the clock turns 8... a.m. that is. This day, that's how it played out. 

The meal was a quick pasta bake
Like the fanciness? I know, it's clever.

What you'll need:
2 cups elbow macaroni
2 cups marinara sauce
1/2 lb of ground hamburger (optional)
3-4 oz cream cheese
1 cup mozzarella
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Boil your macaroni and drain well. And just for note sake, setting a wooden spoon on top of your pasta pot does help to prevent overflow. For real! 

Mix your macaroni, sauce, meat, and cream cheese together. Spray your pan of choice. I used a 9x13 (per say), you could use a deeper dish or divide it up. Cover with foil and bake until bubbly, about 20-23 minutes at 350 degrees. Take out and remove foil. Sprinkle the cheeses over top and put back in oven to melt.. 



Supper. 
Done.

Let's Play!

Some days it's nice to be able to completely let go and play with them All. Day. Long....even around supper time. It's meals like this and crock pot dishes too, that allows me to do so. If you have easy meals, please send them my way because I'm all about these girls right now and dressing up to go out on the town. 





4 comments:

  1. My stomach is growling and it's 6:30 in the morning! Thanks a lot! I have a ton I can share with you. I'll start going through my recipe box...

    We love to get dressed up to go out on the town. Maggie doesn't dress up for play too much anymore, but she's trying to stretch her wings in dressing-up for the real world. (Sometimes it's a success, sometimes... not.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are way too cute! And I love meals like this - make ahead or crock-pot are so great, because you are right, it allows you to spend all that time with them, and that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE all forms of baked pasta, and especially ones that facilitate other activities while dinner cooks. :)

    Will absolutely try this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wondered about that spoon trick!...all my years of cooking, I've never tried it! crazy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14