Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Hunt

I'm at this crossroad right now when it comes to the "me" part of the day. This time is typically as early as I can manage; like any time before those tiny toes hit the floor. I've been doing well with reading my bible and absorbing as much spirit as possible to get me through the day. However, I've reached a standstill. I don't know why, but I just don't know where to go from here. So, I thought maybe some devotional guidance might be helpful.

Ha! Have you ever looked at the selection that is out there?!? It's huge. No wait... IT's HUGE!!!!!

Here are some titles I've got saved on my possibility list:
1. The Power of a Praying Wife Devotional
2. A Mom After God's Own Heart Devotional
3. The Power of a Positive Mom Devotional 
& Journal: 52 Monday Morning Motivations
4. The 365 Most Important Bible Passages for
 Mothers: Daily Readings and Meditations on 
Experiencing the Lifelong Blessings of Being a Mom
5. Walking with the Women of the Bible
6. What If Your Blessings Come Through Raindrops


It's a tough one to choose just one. I'm sure I'll eventually end up reading most of them over the years, but I need one to start with. So, here's where you come in. Have any of you read one of these devotionals? Any suggestions or tid-bits of info that you'd like to toss my way on narrowing down my selection? OR maybe you have another one that I haven't heard of. Let me know if you will.

As always friends, sweet hugs and lot's of lovins'!!!

3 comments:

  1. These all look great - I might borrow some of them to read! I have read Power of Praying WIfe, and LOVED it - I haven't done the devotional, but the book was great, and I got a lot out of it. Let me know what you decide! Random idea - I'd be up for going through a book "with you" - dunno if that would be something you'd be up for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. power of a praying wife was amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Power of a Praying Wife and the Power of a Positive Mom. Oh, and Elizabeth George is always great, too. I'm in a Beth Moore study right now (have I told you that? can't remember) and that is flippin' awesome! There really are so many great ones out there that it is hard to choose. Love Kaylee's idea of going through a book with someone. Hmmm, might have to do that over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14