Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happiness in the Making



I've finally reached my halfway point. Twenty weeks today and totally feeling it! We went to the doctor yesterday and were very happy to hear that everything looks and sounds amazing. I'm always so nervous. The devil always dishes out the worry right before the appointment and this time was no different. We also found out that it is indeed another little girl. My poor hubby is forever and always going to be outnumbered. He's declared this a good enough reason to increase his gun collection. He always knows how to make me laugh. 


Now that we know what the baby is we can start thinking about names. The fun part, right? Ha! The hubby hates picking out names and I love it. I'm a sucker for cute and different and he's so not. So, it takes us a while to create a collaborative list of qualifiers. I mean a long while. She probably won't have a name until right before she gets here. But, that's a ways off. He will, however, inform you that Olivia has been the top name of choice for 4 years straight. So someone has obviously been thinking about names. Hmmm.


Anyhoo...Her room is going to be the current playroom (I just got this thought on putting her in with her sisters, hmm?) which is already undergoing some minor deconstruction. The scrabble tiles I put up last year are down as well as some other things. The toys have been sorted through and stored for her. The girls' things are slowly migrating to their room and the transformation is becoming real. 




The room itself is going to stay simple and airy with a light color scheme. Less clutter and nonsense, more comfy and cozy. That's how I'm feeling this year.  The budget for the room is small so I'm trying to pull from the rest of the house and use items that are no longer needed elsewhere. My list of little projects has been created and now I'm just waiting for budget room and energy to move forward on some of them. It's an ongoing battle. *smile*


Here are some of the ideas I've collected. I'm excited to get things moving and make the room a little home for her.


1, 2 , 3, 4 , 5, 6, 7

While thinking about her nursery, I have to admit that I've had this sense of guilt overcome me. It's like I'm doing more for her than my other girlies. Even though that's totally not the case and I'm fully aware of that, the Mom guilt is tugging at me big time. But so is my waist line. At least I can still see most of my feet for now. 


It is crazy to think that soon our house will be filled with three little ones. I never thought that I'd have three, let alone two. So my heart is filled to the brim when it comes to happiness. I have plenty of time to create her little happy place while she continues to grow and develop just as God intends. Happiness in the making for sure!

8 comments:

  1. OLIVIA???!!! That's one of my favorites! But you already knew that.

    Love the baby belly, my friend. And the quote, "Let her sleep for when she wakes, she will move mountains." That's MY Olivia for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Now we truly are in the same boat with THREE girls!! It's a blast I tell you! You will love it and my husband said the exact same thing about the guns! You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Happy news! W
    Have a Suneday!
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too cute! And although we have names narrowed down, the baby won't have a definite one until it comes, ha ha!!! Both of my babes share a room and I think about putting the new babe in there too. I know we'll keep him/her in our room in a pack-n-play for a couple of months, to help with night feedings, at least at first. But then, I have no idea how I am going to split up the kids, so sometimes get the crazy idea to just have them all share! Oh, and yay for a baby girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for another girl!!!!! SO exciting! You look adorable! I love the plans for the nursery. It's going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many blessings to you! Do love the "let her sleep" quote. Beautiful! I'm pregnant as well, a bit behind you, just crossed the 12 week mark. You're right. The devil certainly does dish out doubt and worry---I find myself constantly struggling to be joyful and hopeful and happy. A battle I fought when I was pregnant with the girls too. Yay for another girl! How fun! While I'm prayerful for a healthy baby, and Jesus knows what's right for our family, I'm secretly a bit wishful for another girl. I think I read Little Women a few too many times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh congrats!!!! It's so exciting and crazy all in one. The worry is beginning to fade with baby movement a constant part of the day, but every once in a while a worry will pass by quickly.

      Delete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14