Friday, October 19, 2012

My Girls

These are my girls
 
My daily troubles.  
My every day wonders.  

My dream keepers. 
My loves.  
My blue eyed sugar babies.  


They like to dance and groove.

They can be very cranky.
They love pizza and hot dogs.
They love to pray for people and things. 
Color, paint, wrestle with Daddy, snuggle with Moma, bubbles, milk, swinging. 

They are My steady heartbeat.  


I really do love these days with them. I need these days with them despite my rough rambles. These lazy, slow, rough, easy days. It's all a part of my story and they are helping me grow and evolve into something I've prayed for quite some time now. 



I am their fondest student and I truly and surely love my little teachers.   The other day I had the absolute weight of the world on my shoulders with kid stuff and life. I was wondering around in circles looking for direction when something stopped me in my track. My girls were supposed to be eating lunch at their little table. When I glanced over at them, they were holding hands saying their meal time prayer. Together, eyes closed, hearts open.  And it was in that instance focus was restored and purposed was renewed. Something small. Something quiet. Something I might have even missed.



For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 1 John 3:20


Thank you Lord for giving me daily lessons and reasons to keep marching on in this crazy ride of motherhood. 

Thank you Lord for allowing me the chance to learn about myself in ways, that without my little teachers, my girls, I would otherwise never know. 

Thank you Lord for this one small thing and my two BIG blessings 


...and the one on the way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14