Friday, January 11, 2013

Coffee Date Friday #2



Oh my goodness. It's been such a long week. Have you had weeks that seem like they just never end. Not that it even matters that it's Friday or anything. That's the pleasures of motherhood. It's a never ending job and weekends mean nothing when it comes to easy and slow-go. But, it is the weekend and I'm ready for it.


Psalm 62:1-2 
“My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”

I really did try to do a vlog this week (I know I mentioned that last week too) but girls and busy-ness flooded into my "me" time so needless to say, it didn't happen. I think I managed a hello. Sorry. 

Funny story though...the hubster and I splurged on new coffee cups. So exciting I know. We really are spunky people. Him with his turtle power and me and my sass. 


I sure do love him. Like a whole lotta lot!!!
P.S. I told you I might return with a Ninja Turtle cup didn't I?

Anyhoo...

Would you care to join  me for a cup of coffee this morning? I'm sitting outside on the back porch enjoying the cool air, the morning sun and some steamin' hot Dunkin Donuts. 


That's my favorite by the way. I wouldn't have it any either way. That is unless you surprised me with white chocolate mocha from Starbucks. Then I may reconsider. But DD's it is when I'm the brew-master. 

I'll pretend you said yes and that you too are enjoying the South Carolina morning with me. So nice to have you!! 

********

Let me tell you something fun! I bought my first Moleskine journal and I'm about to embark on a new journal-ing journey. I've had a journal before but I've always lost ended up losing motivational  or losing them all together. This journal arrives just in time to kick off my year. 



I'm excited to fill the blank with personal goals, scraps of love, to-do lists, and whatever else I feel like doodling in there. I know it sounds sort of silly, but I like it. Whats even better is there's no lines to confine to. No rules or restrictions. Just my pen and mind to freely toss about how ever is necessary for my spirit at that point in time. SO lovely. 
Do you journal? 

*********


These little ladies are thieves I tell you. They steal my heart each and every day. 

Their newest thing...they come up to me and lays their heads on my leg and look up at me with sad puppy eyes. Pitiful. Get's me every time. I know, I'm a sucker. 

Could you resist these blue eyes??? 


********

I feel a sense of accomplishment today. This is the first week since Ellie that I've actually cleaned. So crazy! I actually planned out my week and tackled bits and pieces of the house that have needed some MAJOR attention. Where does this stuff come from??? I'd really like to know. 

 I even shined the kitchen sink during nap time and forbid anyone else (that would be the hubster of course) from using it. A little silly, but man did it shine. *smile*


******

So that's about it. I'm due for a refill and I'm sure you've realized you probably do too. It was so nice chatting with you this morning. I hope you'll come back soon.



Linking up with Alissa over at Rags to Stitches





2 comments:

  1. I would love to enjoy a South Carolina morning. Our Connecticut ones are still too cold. Your girls are adorable, and I get the pitiful eyes. My guy's favorite is, "I'm so unloved" because he's come looking for me to pick him up and that's what I'd jokingly say to him. Now it gets me every time, but I won't pass up the snuggles, that's for sure. Have a good weekend...er...two more days of normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about a rough week. We have those too. We just have to remember to take one day at a time...or maybe one hour or minute at a time.
    Love your new mug and the pictures of your girls! Their hair is so long! Lily's is slowly growing. I love little girls with long hair! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14