Thursday, June 27, 2013

Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps

The Mr. has this thing about ground meat. He only wants ground beef. No turkey or chicken. I on the other hand am all for alternatives. I enjoy a healthier and leaner option. Also, despite his desire to eat cleaner and healthier, he can't enjoy the concept of `lettuce wraps`. He says it's too healthy for him. *sigh*
 So these days, I eat a lot of ground turkey/chicken and lettuce wraps for lunch since he doesn't want to join in on the fun. 


This recipe works well for my lunches. I can fix it on a Monday and enjoy it two more times after. It saves me a lot of headache over what I'm going to eat and leaves me no room for that "down to the wire" error. You know when you realize it's lunch time and you have no clue what you're going to eat. Yup. This is one way how I have fixed that problem.  

Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps.

For Sauce:
1/2 cup your preferred soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger 

For the Mix:
2 teaspoons olive oil 
1/2 medium onion, diced 
1/2 cup carrot, cut julienne 
1/2 petite orange pepper, diced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 lb ground turkey {lean for reduced fat & calories} 
1 whole tomato, diced 
1 cup Teriyaki Sauce
3-4 Romaine or Bib Lettuce leaves

To make the sauce: 
Combine the soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, honey and minced garlic and ginger and set aside.  


For the Turkey mix:
1.Heat the olive oil in a saute pan on a medium heat. 
2. Add the veggies and cook until they're tender. 
3.Then add in the turkey and cook until no longer pink. Break it up while cooking into smaller pieces.  over medium-high heat.  
4.Add the tomato and stir. Cook for about a minute.  
5.Then add in 1 cup of the Teriyaki Sauce. Allow the mix to cook for another 2-3 minutes. 
6.You can either keep warm or place it in the fridge and eat it chilled. . 


To Eat: 
Serve the mix with lettuce leaves to make healthy wraps. You can also add in some brown rice or quinoa if you choose. I mixed brown rice in with mine. Spoon some of the sauce over the wrap and enjoy. Save the leftovers for another lunch or supper later on in the week if you're not sharing it with someone else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14