Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Date Night and an Outfit

Date night doesn't happen very often for Mike and I. We always talk about what we'd like to do, but rarely does it ever take place. We are aware that it should, but it just doesn't. This weekend, we were finally able to take some time as a couple and reconnect  with each other. The kids stayed with the grandparents that popped in for a visit while we drove downtown for a while. 

We've been talking about this little dive downtown Charleston called Fuel. We saw it on the show, Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, and ever since then have been trying to figure a way to go there. Funny thing is, it sits directly across the street from Hominy Grill which happens to be another place I'm wanting to try. (you can see it in the background) If you ever go there, try the black bean burger...YUM!!!!



It was so nice to sit and catch up on all the things that have been going on in our lives. We never sit and talk in detail about what's on our hearts because  well, we have three littles running all over demanding our every ounce of attention. I think after this date though, we'll be making more of an effort. Especially before his approaching deployment. 

I even attempted to snazz up my outfit for our date, which doesn't happen often either. It was so fun because this is pretty much a Wal*Mart and Target outfit. Fashion on a budget, that's how I do it.


Details...
top // Wal*Mart
jeans // Wal*Mart
belt // Target
boots // Targer
necklace // HOPE Homemade
earrnigs // Happy Days


 We owe a big thanks to the grands for being so grand and keeping the littles. It was needed and we are so very grateful. 


3 comments:

  1. I'm sad to hear there is an upcoming deployment but I'm happy to hear you are making time for eachother! And your outfit looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Fashion on a budget is the best
    2. So glad you guys got a chance for date nights. It doesn't happen much around here either, but it is always such a breath of fresh air!
    3. I love trying fun little eateries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands deployment. I hope that your heart is handling it well and I will keep you, him and of course those three angels in my prayers!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14