Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks 2013

it's come and gone. 
a day so anticipated and blink...it's finished. 
did you put yourself into a turkey coma?
we were invited to our friends house again for dinner.
fried turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes...yum.
the girls and i made some peanut butter and chocolate cake pops. 
it was fun. a little bit extra work for me patience wise, but it was fun.

the girls watched the parade in true thanksgiving fashion. 
ellie waved at every performer and float that made its way through the main avenue. 
she was quite a little fan of the tradition. 
i enjoyed their enthusiasm and remembered what it was like to be so amazed.
i hope they stay this way for as long as possible.

i can't help to think about all the things that make me feel so thankful this time of year.
its expected i know, but to really sit and count those things for what they've brought to my life...
now that's a bowl full of thanks.

my gracious lord,
you have provided a life for me that is so bountiful.
full of love and grace
family and steady waters
support from all angles
a hand to hold and hearts to guide
what more dear lord could i ever ask for but to know to continue into tomorrows light with the same if not more of a grateful heart for all you do and have done.


happy thanksgiving!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14