Wednesday, August 27, 2014

simple


we sat outside on the porch monday morning.
well the mr and i sat while the littles went back and forth and played
it was 65
it was beautiful
it had the smell of mountain air
of course it wasn't...but...

i could picture the scene in front of me
the sunrise and outline of the mountain tops
i've seen it many-a-times before
i long for it even now

there are many times i put myself there, my mind that is
when i feel overwhelmed
stressed and unnerved
heartache
doubt
all of which i've found myself in the middle of lately

the mountain air
it's my calm
my peace
where i feel at home

it's simple


so i watched my littles play at my feet
i drank my coffee and watched
breathed in the cool "mountain" air
and let Him know that i am grateful
for the simple

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14