Friday, August 29, 2014

Garlic & Herb Pull-Apart-Bread

I have always been a huge bread person. Give me a basket of bread sticks and I'm a happy girl. I really haven't met many people that dislike the food even though I'm sure there are some. Crazy is what I'd tell them.


I've been trying hard to make more bread at home. My father-in-law bought me a bread machine a few years back and that has been wonderful. But every now and then, I love to make some from scratch without it's help. Last week I made some crescent rolls that turned out so fluffy. I was extremely happy. This week I made a loaf of pull-apart-bread that turned out soooo yummy! I found the recipe online and immediately pinned it. You have to give it a try. I'm telling you! It's amazing! I didn't follow the recipe exactly...recipe tweaker at heart. You can find the recipe HERE along with a lot of other great recipes. I've also jotted it down below so you can see how I made it. Not too different.


Garlic & Herb Pull-Apart-Bread

ingredients
2 t yeast
1 cup warm water
2 T sugar
2 T softened butter
1 cup skim milk
2 1/2 T salt
6 cups + unbleached all purpose flour

butter mix
6 T melted butter
2 t minced garlic
couple shakes of dry parsley and oregano
-combine all of the above in a small bowl

-add the water, yeast, and sugar to the mixer bowl and allow to sit until it's foamy.
-mix in the butter, milk, salt, and 2-3 cups of flour. turn on the mixer.
-slowly add in the remaining flour until the dough pulls from the bowl.
-remove from the bowl and divide the ball of dough into two seaparte ones.
-rough the dough out and pull small peices out. dip each one into the butter mix.
-layer in a greased loaf pan. cover and allow to rise for about 45 minutes to an hour.
-bake at 350 until golden brown. mine took 30-35 minutes.



If you try it out, I hope it turns out as good as ours did. The pull-apart factor was a big hit with the littles...and myself as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14