Sunday, December 14, 2014

Weekend Happenings

We are in full Christmas mode over here. We've been busy getting ready, finishing up shopping, mailing off presents to family, spending time making crafts and what not. This weekend has been pretty calm though. I've been under the weather in some sort of fashion, not as stylish as desired, but memory worthy at least. Mike was a gem and let me slack off on my motherly duties so I could rest. The girls have since learned that they're Daddy makes the best grilled cheese sandwich e-VER!! Needless to say, we've gone through 2 loaves of bread and I think three packs of cheese this week. They're in love.




I'm learning how fun it is when we do "family" things. I remember wondering how it would be to make memories with my own kids, my own family, and now I actually am. Sometimes it's overwhelming but for the most part, it's so surreal.





They're not fans of Moma not feeling good. Daddy isn't either, but he doesn't complain. They are quick to cuddle and make every attempt to help me. They never cease to amaze me. Each day I am greeted with a new level of love. They push me beyond any level I thought I could reach and bring me back to reality when I need it.




The last few weeks have been sort of a whirlwind. A lot of things and a lot of stuff. We're looking forward to Christmas. With no deployment next year, we are loving the thought  of having Daddy home a whole week with us without dreading the month ahead. Although we'd love to be with our other family, we know being together here in our home will be just as special.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14