Thursday, March 26, 2015

Around the Corner


Some birthdays are unforgettable. They leave such an impression on the heart that it's just impossible to forget them. Then there are those that just pass by. I used to look forward to the next birthday. One year older is always something to look forward. Then I started to resent them. With a year older meant closer to grey, closer to creaky joints, closer to my girls not needing their Moma. But, now my heart looks at things through a different aspect. 

Thirty-one is just around the corner . One day closer to 32, 33, and so on. I am so incredibly grateful for the opportunity to see my today and possibly tomorrow. There are so many people that miss out on the chance to see just that, like my cousin Heather. The chance to grow old and live their life is no longer. 

So I'm grateful. 
I welcome 31 with open arms. 
It means I get to spend one more day and hopefully a lifetime more with those that I love making memories full of love and life. 

Do not regret getting older. 
It is a privilege denied by many. 
--unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14