Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sweet Bella

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” - Roger Caras



This past week has been one that brought such a weird sense in our house. For seven years I've walked around with someone short and furry following my every step. She kept me company. Loved and cuddled every moment she wanted and even when she didn't. She played so well with the girls. Loved them and allowed them to torture her at times. Always near, never too far away.


On Saturday my little lady passed and left me in such odd sorts. She's been dealing with such horrible back issues. Flaring up and easing off. This last time was too much and put her little body into such shock she couldn't handle it. 

She seriously was everywhere in our lives. If you were to sift through our family pictures, you'll see her in almost every single one. Her nose, her tail, her bum, always some part of her was present. Today we're so grateful for her quirky trick and such a funny way to remember her by. 

It breaks my heart that she's no longer with us, but what's even worse is how her brother Hank is dealing with her absence. I thought I was the only one waiting for her to walk around the corner or to tip-tap down the hallway. He just can't figure out where she's at, as if she was lost. 

I've lost many pets before; pigs, cows, dogs, cats, etc. It will never get easier. 
We miss her so much and know that she is better now. 

We love you Bella girl. Rest at ease.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14