Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A Short Stack

Every now and then I get this urge to pick up a book and read. I see others on social media with these big stacks of books they plan to read through and I allow myself to feel envious of them. Their picks seem in depth, thought provoking, and some geared towards creating a purposeful home. Most of my books include topics like gluten free cooking and kids art activities.  I've never been a big reader, but there have been times when I have found something that I just can't put down. I would love to be able to get completely lost in a book no matter what it is.

I've made it my goal this summer to keep working towards reading when I can. Even if it's just a mere 15 minutes or even 5.  I don't desire to have a long list of books to read, I realize now that's just not who I am. But I do desire to be able to unplug from the world for a while, when possible, and enjoy reading something for myself. It's good for me, just like those 15-20 stack of books are good for the others I envy at time. 


So far, my list of books has been extremely short. Just a handful to be completely honest...

Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery 
Wildflower by Drew Barrymore
American Housewife by Helen Ellis

I set my goals and keep working towards them. One page at a time. One moment of me time when I get it.

What are some goals you've set for the summer? Are you a reader? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14