Thursday, June 15, 2017

Kitchen Sink Thinking


I do my best thinking when I'm cooking supper. Probably because that is where my mind and heart becomes inspired the most these days. Hence the reason I'm standing over the husband's laptop next to the stove, secretly saying a prayer that nothing splatters over on the screen. It never fails though, when I sit down to record all of those ideas after I'm out of the kitchen...they've gone missing. No where to be found. Does this happen to you? Do you have a place in your home or life in general where you feel the most inspired?  Just wondering if I'm the only one this happens to.

The sun came out today after two solid days of rain. Not that I'm complaining about it. It sure beats a snow storm any day, but I'm happy to feel the warmth on my legs. I'm also enjoying listening to the happiness that is being carried this way from the swing-set. Number 12,456 I'm so happy to be a Moma. I get the chance to witness the bond that is being created between my girls.  Talk about a daily dose of blessings. I tell you what I really love about this place, the sunsets. Man they are literally like fire in the sky. The show usually starts right as I'm cleaning the kitchen. This was last nights show. It was breathtaking. Always is. God will never cease to amaze me.


There has been a steady breeze today. I've had the windows open and the curtains have been blowing with each gust that makes it way through the house. Days like this make me wish to stay here, then I remember the snow. Oh the snow. Then I begin to think of the humidity at home in Florida...not sure how these things balance out but that's not for me to worry about. "For I know I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I took the girls to the library this morning where they proceeded to gather all books visible to bring home. My shoulder may or may not be broken. I think next time we'll set a limit on how many to check out. Three girls + three library cards = LOTS of books. I'm loving the time they're spending in their books though. I even managed to pick one up with high hopes of reading it, or maybe putting myself to sleep. I'll keep you posted. I was looking for a particular book and even after looking it up on the computer, it wasn't on the shelf. I really despise it when that happens. Even though, I looked over a few books and picked another. Try try again...that's what I teach my girls. It's all about being an example, am I right?

Well, it's time to pull supper together. I think I've managed to write out all of my thoughts before they disappear  and before I drop the laptop into the sink.  We're having cajun pork tenderloin, green beans and potatoes and cornbread. Simple and good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14