Friday, June 18, 2010

Look at You Grow!


Already?

Five months already?

Where has this time gone?

When you were born, I couldn't keep count of all the people that would stop me and say, "Make sure to treasure every moment because they'll be grown before you know it."
I believed them and took their advice to heart for sure.

Maybe it had a lot to do with the month that I feel like we lost while you were in the NICU. You did so many new things while you were there that I missed out on; it's as if I'm trying to make up for time lost. There isn't a time that I'm with you that I'm not recording the little moment into my memory.
Each time I nurse you, bathe you, change your clothes, put you to bed, say good morning, play with you on the floor, take you shopping, watch Veggie Tales, and even when I change your stinky diapers...each and every moment is so very special.

When I lived at home, Moma used to tell me she loved me ALL the time. There were some moments that she would tell me, but it was a little different. A softer tone, a longer look, a gentle hand on the arm followed by a soft squeeze.

I understand that now.

You now have the urge to go...you try to move around so much these days.
Hope, you're starting to roll now and Savannah...you're so close it makes you mad.

When I look at you girls, my heart just goes to mush. I almost cry to think that I am the Moma to two beautiful, full of life baby girls. You are full of attitude..especially Miss Savannah. You love to show off your personality in any way that you can
*hence the sunglasses above*

I'm still in shock that I have two of you...but with each moment that passes by...I become more and more grateful that God gave me the best job in the world....being the Moma to Miss Hope and Miss Savannah.
My heart is content...my life is full of meaning...and you, my sweet girls, are growing so incredibly fast!!!


14 lbs and 11 and 10 ounces
24 and 1/2 and 3/4 inches long

That's a big difference from when you were born:
5 lbs 1 and 3 ounces
18 and 1/2 and 3/4 inches long





I love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! I can't believe how big they are getting!!! They are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14