Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yummy Recipes to Share

This past Monday, I  shared my menu for the week and promised I would share the recipes. Well...I'm here to keep that promise!!!

This week was busy busy so having that menu planned and using some of the leftovers for other meals was a big help.

So...away we go!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beef Taco Skillet
This was the first time making this and it was yummy!!
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 cup chunky salsa
1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
6 soft tortilla shells cut into squares
1 can tomato soup

Brown your hamburger and drain the fat. Add in the soup, water, salsa, and tortilla squares. Cook for about 5 minutes and then add your cheese. That's it!!!

 *****

Soy-Ginger Steak Kabobs
Ingredients:
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup veggie oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 lb of steak cut into cubes for grilling

Mix all of the 6 ingredients together, then add your steak. Let it marinate in the fridge over night. Place on kabob sticks the next day and cook on the grill to your liking.
SIMPLE!!!!

****

Grilled Veggies ( because I l.o.v.e. grilling!!!)
I sliced two vidalia onions, zucchini and squash. I added a little bit of veggie oil, S&P, and some garlic salt and threw them in our grill basket along side the kabobs above. Grilled them until they were tender.

****

Two Mustard Chicken
Ingredients:
2-4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
1/2 cup honey

M:ix the mustards and honey together, pour over chicken and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 350. This is really good with some sauteed baby red potatoes. The mustard sauce makes for a really yummy dipping sauce for the taters. *smile*

****

Beef and Veggie Lo Mien
Ingredients:
-Beef strips or left over beef like I'm using from Tuesday.
-Any veggies that you have cut up into like-size pieces. I'm using the veggies left over from grilling on Tuesday: Squash, zucchini, and the onion. I also cut up somecarrots and pulled some sugar snap peas from the freezer.
-Low sodium soy sauce
-Beef broth
-Red pepper flakes
-Fresh Ginger
-Fresh Garlic
-Whole wheat spaghetti noodles or Lo Mien noodles

This is one of those recipes that I came up with myself, so the amount of ingredients is different every time. It's a trial-n-error type of recipe.
Be brave!!!

Here's what I did:
I used one of my pans...added some veggie oil and let it get hot. While this was going on...I put a pot of water on to cook the lo mien pasta (I simply used whole wheat vermicelli, nothing fancy)

Then I added the garlic and ginger; let it cook for just a minute or two
 (it will burn! *smile/frown*).
Then add any thick raw veggie. The ones that will take longer to cook.
This is where I added the raw carrots.
I let them cook for about 3-4 minutes then added in the squashes and onions.
After about 4-5 minutes, I added in the beef, about 1 tsp of red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 cup of beef broth and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Once the noodles were cooked, I drained them and added them in with the rest of the stuff.
Stirred it around and it was done!!!
It's really easy...seems like a lot...but it goes fast. Especially if you have left over veggies.

Hope you try it out.

****

Slow Cookin' Chicken
Ingredients:
1 whole chicken
Emeril's Chicken Rub
1/2 stick unsalted butter at room temperature

Clean up your chicken; take the insides out (gizzards, heart, livers..yada yada yada). Take your butter and mix in some of the chicken rub. Then take the butter mixture and put in up under the skin on the breast side of the chicken. This will help keep the moisture in the chicken while cooking. Take the chicken rub again and rub it all over the outside of the chicken...don't miss any spots. Lay the chicken in a baking pan. Cover with foil and place in a preheated 400 degree oven. Let it cook for 1 hour covered, then take it out and remove the foil. Place it back in the oven for another 30 minutes to brown the chicken.
Mine was done after the last 30 minutes, but we all know ovens vary and so will the size of the chickens we're using...so check the meat with a thermometer...it should be above 165 degrees or show clear running juices.

Serve the chicken with some stuffing and a fresh veggie and you're good to go!!!
Enjoy!!

****

Pot Roast
Ingredients:
One, BIG, Beef Roast
4-5 Garlic cloves, 1 big onion, 2-3 carrots, a few potatoes
Paprika
S&P

Rub the roast down with the paprika and S&P
Put it and the garlic in the crock pot for about 6-8 hours.
At about 4 hours, add in your onion, carrots, and potatoes.
Serve with brown rice.


Ok yall...my girls are crying about now...it's time for me to go. I'll be back with the other recipes later.


Take care!!!





These recipes will be shared with you and the friends over at:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14