Friday, July 23, 2010

It's Friday!!!

My poor husband has been on 12 hour shifts this past week. How nice to receive a text from him at 1 a.m. saying, "I guess I'll see you at 11..." followed by a sad face. It has definitely been a long week for the both of us...his poor face last night looked so puppy dog tired.
I coulda just squeezed his little cheeks....but the good thing is...


We. Are. In. Good. Spirits!!!!
A typical family looks at their weekends as a time to escape the chaos of the ordinary crazy week and relax with all of their family and friends...or themselves in the hammock in the back yard, under the large oak tree, listening to the water trickling over the rocks in the stream that just happens to run beside that large oak tree in the middle of NO WHERE.... O.K!

Sorry, I don't know what happened. I'm sorta thinkin' that this is a dream of mine. Yes..I'll admit it. *SMILE*

SO...where was I? Oh I remember...

Have you heard of the most amazing work out craze that stormed the country a few years ago? Yes...you got it!!!

ZUMBA!!!!

Have you heard of it? Have you eve tried it?

Oh my goodness!!!!
It's AWESOME!!!!!

You know, Mike and I joined the YMCA about 3 weeks ago...maybe 4. I'll just be upfront, I hate cardio workouts. I do enjoy running, but over the past 2 years, I've developed some pretty painful arthritis in both knees, so running is a major irritant to that.
I blame it all on the 4 years of the most wonderful cheerleading e-VER! 

So I try ways to throw in some cardio during the week.

 In walks Zumba.
It's fun, crazy, lively, cha-cha-ish, funny and energizing.
Did I mention lively?
Ok...it's LIVELY!!.
If you don't like to move, then I recommend not trying it.

But this Moma likes to move. If I can dance around the living room to entertain two little peanuts, then
I. CAN. ZUMBA!!!

Speaking of Zumba...I wish I could Zumba this pest burn mark off my "oh-so-lovely" flat top stove.

Uggh.
That's supposed to have a slight pirate grrrrr to it..mmmm k? 

Yes...I know. You have to use the special cleaner for these stoves. But..golly George...I'm starting to think it doesn't like me.
For you, ole' burn mark, will not scrub yourself away from my pearly white.


Hi! My name is Kristen. I am an organizational fa-reak!!!
Things have to be in order, put snuggly in their little homes where I wan them to be they belong, counters clean and sparkling.

Just kidding....about ...well, I wasn't really.
 I do try and  keep things orderly and neat...so this burn mark on my white stove is bugging me BAD!
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

This past week, "the wee hours of the morning"
----quick...what do you think of when you hear that phrase??? 
You Got Mail silly!!! So love that movie!!!---- 
have been my best friend.This is the time when I can be the most productive. I've been really busy...here's a few glances of what I've been working on:
#1

#2

#3

And I'm sure that the caffeine that is supposed to go with this meme should really be incorporated with my morning routine...but HEY!!! You have to take what you can, right? I AM pretty amped right now...I should be sleeping...hmm....


Anyhoo...
I can't wait to share these things with you...next week will be better for Hope Abound.
I mean...you can tell that I've been in La La Land this week.
Look...

I've been using the girls Mr. Frog towel because I'm too lazy to trade it out.

No...let me re-phrase that:
I don't have time to trade it out when bath time comes around.
I'm just lucky I can even get a bath. These days...clean hair is a luxury, not a necessity.

Back to my point...
I've got a few new recipes to share, some ideas and projects that can be tackled sa-low-ly by a busy twin Moma. *smile*
I see a Pantry Revamp post coming soon thanks to Shelly; along with the Mudroom update.

I hope you come back...
It's Friday yall! Sit back and enjoy it. Don't let Monday creep up on you only to realize that you let the good times slip you by...ok? Promise me!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd like to give a shout out to my friends and family in Florida that have been keeping up with me here on Hope Abound. You know who you are...my Moma tells me that you special lassies have been tuning in. I'm so happy you enjoy your time here. I miss you all dearly!!!
 Love you!!! 



3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you from Caffeinated Randomness! I've heard of Zumba and even watched the video on the site. Looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! A whole lot to comment about on this post!

    My friend teaches Zumba and has been trying to get me to do it for ages...I'll give it a whirl! Sounds like fun!

    My other friend was just using Weiman's Glass Top Stove Cleaner today and used a scraper (flexible plastic - like a rubber spatula) to remove the grime from her burners. It worked beautifully - you might want to try it out! She purchased it at Wal-Mart.

    Lastly, how talented and crafty you are! I'm so not so when I meet people like you, I'm in awe.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Natalie at Mommy on Fire
    http://www.mommyonfire.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could try a paste of water and baking soda. It works on a lot of things, plus it's natural. =) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14