Monday, July 19, 2010

This weekend we decided to finally make a long-awaited trip to Downtown Charleston...the place that is SO full of history and heart. It was a lot of fun for all of us. Before we ventured downtown, we tested some new waters. The girls have gotten a lot bigger here lately, so we thought maybe it was time to let them sit by themselves in the stroller.



How nice to have the wind blowing all the way around you instead of just in your face...right?


So...after a short test run in the house (yes...in the house)...we made our way to Charleston.
Diapers: Check
Wipes: Check
Change of Clothes: Check
Burp Cloths: Check
Avocado: Double Check
Juice: Check

And..we also made sure to bring the rest of their nursery...just in case your were worried.

*This is me laughing at myself*


Anyhoo...the girls were so so well behaved. I was really proud of them. I thought it was amazing how quickly it is that you realize that you're in Charleston.

The roads change to cobble stone, the houses turn to old plantation style or Victorian style, the trees wrap you in their arms instead of sticking their noses up at you. The walkways welcome you into their secret gardens. And the feeling in the air just captures the historical aspect of it all. IT"S AWESOME!!!!!

We walked around the old battery for a while..staying only a hort bit due to the heat. It was an experience though. After that, we headed home.

Once we got home, we tore into our nice and cold watermelon. We ALL enjoyed...even Daddy.

























On Sunday morning we got up and went to a new church. It was nice to be back in church. The pastor talked about walking the life of a Christian...out of James .The girls were very good....they looked all cute in their church dresses and flower bows from Mrs. Kelly.

My  Internet has really been a pill today. Talk about sssslllloooowwwww!!!!
That's why it's taken me so long to write such  a short post. I almost gave up..but I didn't.  I hope that yall had a great Monday...hopefully it wasn't as Manic as mine


2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun!!! Love the pictures. The girls are adorable! :)

    Just a question- what brand double stroller do you have? We've been looking around and just wondered how you liked yours. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures - thanks for posting them and sharing with us :) I definitely would love to make a trip to Charleston someday. It looks [and sounds] beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14