Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yummy Lemon Green Beans

Like I said earlier this week, Mike and I have sort of revamped the way we're eating. Less fat, low calories, and whole wheat dishes are the way to go.

In my attempt to keep up with our new walk...I came up with this yummy way to fix green beans. It turned out really good so I thought that I would share it with yall.

What you'll need:

2 Tbspn Olive oil
1 qt size bag of fresh or frozen green beans
 (can beans wont work b/c they're too mushy)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced or chopped super little
1/2 medium size onion, sliced long ways
1 lemon: 1/2 sliced and 1/2 for the juice
4-5 leaves fresh basil
1 sprig of rosemary
1 tspn  each of S&P
toasted sesame seeds



Put the oil in the pan to heat up. Toss is the onions and garlic to cook for just a minute.

**Don't let your garlic burn b/c it'll turn bitter. **

Add your green beans (if they were frozen, thaw them out in the microwave) and saute for 4-5 minutes.
Add your lemon juice from the one half and the other slices in with the beans.
Take your basil and rosemary and chop it up real fine.
Throw it in with the beans as well.
Cook for about 3-4 more minutes and add your sesame seeds and S&P.
Toss it all around and that's it. This is so yummy and talk about healthy!!!
 The only fat is in the olive oil.

 The rest of the flavor is all Na-tur-AL!!!

So far this new way of eating Works-for-Me...well Me and Mike *smile*

Happy Wednesday Yall!!! It's almost the weekend...hang in there!!


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'm going to print out this recipe and try it for sure. My family loves green beans and I'm always looking for healthy ways to cook them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14