Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cleaning Bucket


I'm sure it's no surprise to you when you read the following statement:

"I don't like to clean."

Most women don't enjoy the intensive labor of scrubbing, wiping, vacuuming, sweeping...blah blah blah.
It's just boring. However, it's my job and I do it with grace....God's grace that is. For without Him...it would NOT get done. *smile*

To make this job a little bit easier on me, I have created a cleaning bucket that I can tote to the particular job site that needs to be tackled.  A few essentials all thrown in together keeps me from wasting time running a-muck all over the house. Also, I know that all of my cleaning supplies are right here...so does my wonderful husband. *one-sided smile*
So here it is...

I've began using homemade cleaners because I have babies. I'm just not a fan of using all of those harsh chemicals knowing that at any time their little fingers could swipe it and go straight into their mouth or that they might be breathing in the spray. It's not comforting at all. So, I've gone homemade.
Don't worry, I'll share my recipes with you in a bit.

There's not a lot in my bucket, because I don't think I really need a lot to get the job done.
Anyhoo...

I have these wonderful microfiber cloths that are my favorite!!! They are just amazing I tell ya. The yellow one is for windows and mirrors...
and the light blue one (it's under the yellow one) is for counter tops. They wash well, dry super quick and are back into the bucket before I even realize it. The darker blue one is for dusting...shelves, TV stand, dressers...that such. It's just as amazing as the other two.

Moving on...

Meet Hank's nose!!!
Just kidding!!
This little doo-hicky is what I use to clean my blinds with. It's so cool!!! It pinches the little fingers together over the blinds and swooooop!
The dust magically disappears!!

It's washable too...that makes it even cooler in my book.

Next!!!

So inside the bucket we have the following:
Diluted Bleach spray
Lemon Juice Spray
Vinegar Spray
Old toothbrushes
Bath tub brush
Tile brush
and the
Counter sponge

The only thing that is missing out of the bucket right now is my baking soda paste and powder. That is because I used it all last time I cleaned. Needless to say, it's on my grocery list.

I bought all of my spray bottles at the Dollar Store. The brushes have been in the family since I've been married. The toothbrushes...well...they need no explanation. The sponge is...a sponge.
My bucket?

I'm pretty sure you can get these at Wal-Mart these days for like $3-5. But, This one was here in the house when we moved in...lucky me!!!

Now for the chemical free chemicals.
Lemon juice is awesome for cleaning. It has a very high acidic level and is great for cleaning up grime. Leaves you with a fresh smell too!

The vinegar spray is nothing but 1/3 vinegar to 1/4  water. I use this for my counters, windows/mirrors and anything else you can think of really.

Baking Soda is an all purpose little fella. It can be used for what ever you can think of. I use it to scrub the tubs and shower. It really gets the grout clean and when I can get a huge box of it for $1 at Wal-Mart...I just love it even more!I make a paste for the stove top. I have a flat-top and it does wonders on those hard-to-get-burn marks. For the tubs, I just sprinkle the powder everywhere and start scrubbing. It doesn't get me all choked up like the otehr stuff I used to use( ahemm ahemm: Comet: ahemm).

My husband likes to have these wipes around for quick things. Personally, I'm not a big fan, but it's not that big of a deal.

The bleach spray...well...this is my least favorite, but sometimes it's a must. When I say it's diluted, I really mean diluted. Bleach is so DANGEROUS in my opinion. 
When I have a weenie that sticks his nose wherever he pleases, it's important to keep things as safe as possible. It's good practice for when my girls start exploring and investigating. A peace of mind that what I use to keep their home clean wont hurt them. Awhh...

I've got some other homemade cleaners I want to attempt. So, when I try them out and decide on whether I like them or not, I'll share them with you too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you use to clean with? Do you have any products that are your favorite? Do you have any homemade cleaner recipes that you would like to share?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14