Monday, August 16, 2010

My First Pattern and a Menu All Planned

Note: this is not Wal-Mart
Walking through the fabric department at my Wal-Mart is so much fun. There is color and inspiration everywhere to be found in that little slice of heaven. I could seriously spend too much money there.

While I was there today, I had several things on my list.
#1 -  Button covers
#2 - 1 yard of a cute fabric for my stools. Saw the idea here, and couldn't pass the idea up because I just happened to have the same exact stools.
#3 - New ribbon for hair bows


That's it!! But...their set-up got me good. They have all of their adorable toddler patterns out in front, all set up for you to ooh and awh over...oh yeah...and buy. 


I fell for it. However, I am excited !! This is my very first attempt to follow a pattern all.by.myself. The last time I sewed with a pattern was with my Moma back in elementary school. It was a dress I made for the Strawberry Festivals contest that they have. I did win a ribbon, but hey, that was a long time ago.


Now, it's like, twenty years later and I'm doing it alone.
Can I seriously do this?!?


Oh YEAH!!! I have complete faith in myself.
Here's what I got.


I know that picture isn't that great (OH!! I found my camera by the way!!!! Hee hee!)

It's a good start for a new pattern follower I think. I bought this super adorable fabric to use for it:
It's got this crinkly look to it. It's really fun!!


I hope that the pattern isn't too difficult for me to follow. Patience is going to be the key for this project.


I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.






Today is Monday. I just realized that about 2 hours ago. Mike was put on a different weekend rotation at work; so he now enjoys Wednesday and Thursday nights as his days off. It's an ok schedule, just hard for me to remember that Sunday is really his Wednesday. Weird...I know. Anyhoo...I'll move on.
So, it's Monday for me and you and that means it's time for me to share what I plan on fixin' for supper this week.
Are you ready? I've got a few new recipes; well, not new to me, but new for you. *smile* I will be sure to share the new recipes with you later this week.


Monday: Baked Chicken Breasts with Au Gratin Potatoes and sliced cucumbers
Tuesday: Spanish Bean Soup
Wednesday: Red Beans and rice with Sausage
Thursday: Tomato Soup Pork Chops with brown rice
Friday: Beef fajitas
Sunday: Baked Tilapia with Mango Couscous



To see what other's are fixin' this week, head over to OrgJunkie.

1 comment:

  1. Aww good luck! You'll have to show us the finished project when your all done!

    You got this btw!! :)

    www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14