Friday, September 3, 2010

Do You Feel It?!?!?



That is exactly what I said when my Daddy answered the phone yesterday...no "Hey Pa!", no  "Hello!!!"...it was a big...

DO YOU FEEL IT?!?!

What exactly?


FALL!!!!!

I seriously think it's pretty much right around the corner. Mike says that it's EARL sharing all of it's cool goodness with us here in SC, but I'm pretty much convinced  that it's Fall. Yepper. I am.

Time to get out the hay and build your scarecrows yall!

This was where we spent most of our day yeserday....on this little patch of green heaven.


After a quick trip to Home Depot to pick up some fertilizer for the yard, my hubby got busy watering. He soon realized that a sprinkler would probably have been a good investement for this project.
But at least he looks cute doing it...to me at least.

While he was hard at work trying not to feel silly spraying the yard down inch by inch, I was in front of the house admiring my new friends that have made a home in my flowers.



This butterfly was the prettiest I've seen in a long time. Bright yellow and big. He was so quick and zippy flying around all the flowers that I had a hard time getting him in action. He spent all day with us in the yard...made my heart fill thankful. Butterflies remind me of a certain someone. Gentle wings...hmmm.

Anyhoo...the girls have been dealing with a round of colds lately. It started with Hope and moved on to Savannah. Nothing major...just running noses and sick baby eyes. Daddy says it still makes him sad to know that his babies don't feel good...trust me, I feel the same when it's 4 am and I'm waking up for the 8th time to console a sick baby. I feel it.

The girls took really long naps though...they needed the sleep. You can see that Hope is feeling much better...


Playing with her Daddy has become her most favorite activity lately. She L.O.V.E.S. him dearly.
And the cutie goes from curious to ...
OH! There's a camera!!!

Strike a pose!!!!
*giggle*


And then there was Savannah. She's not quite to the "feeling better" stage yet.
Trying to get her to smile was like pulling teeth...
All she was interested in was going back to sleep cuddled up on my shoulder. I was down with that.

After they went to sleep later on, I attempted to make some fresh homemade blueberry muffins.
HA!!!

Big fail.


Don't have an explanation of WHY they didn't get all fluffy. I followed the recipe to a "T". Hard as rocks I tell ya. They looked pretty, but they really weren't.When Mike saw them, we had a short but sweet converstaion that only inludes smiles. You know what I mean...

Sort of goes like this all with smiles of course, NOT A WORD spoken:

Husband smiles: "What happened?"
Wife smiles: "Don't ask!"
Husband smiles: "Did you follow the recipe?"
Wife: "I said don't ask!"
Husband Smiles BIGGER: "Are they supposed to look that way?"
Wife smiles halfway: "No. They are not."
Husband side: "What happened?"
Wife BIG Smile: "Get out of the kitchen and go build something."

You know you've had that coversation before...Mike does this side smile, I guess it would be considered a smirk at the least. I guess you'd just have to see it.

Anyways...they were a fail and I was sad becasue I really wanted some warm muffins to eat for dessert. Oh well. I'll find a new recipe.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!



4 comments:

  1. I love the smiles conversation, hilarious!

    And yes, I can feel it too, that fall is just around the corner, especially thanks to a cool front that has come through my part of the world (Oklahoma). Love, love, love fall.

    Your twins are beautiful! I'm visiting from the link over at Andrea's, so nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the oven hot? I'm sorry, you said don't ask, right? HA! It's nice to know other people have flops too! Hope your weekend is fabulous!! Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a sad day when you crave a warm muffin and they don't turn out. :( I hope they turn out ten times better for you next time you give it a try!

    The smile conversation- ISN"T that about the truth! That brought a BIG smile to my face! I am so glad you shared it.

    Have a wonderful (fall) day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had baking days like that. It is usually after I've forgotten to put the timer on with the cookies. I've learnt if I don't want the conversation, I have to hide the evidence. Hope your little ones get better.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14