Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Best of Both Part 3


When you look at your parents, whats the first thing that pops in your head?

For me, it's..."WOW!" Now, that's not "wow" as in OMG wow...it's wow as in "Lord, why oh why?" I know it sounds bad at first, but follow me on this one.

Growing up, I had a lot of friends that had parents that were going through a divorce, parents that always seemed m.i.a., parents that could care less about them, and some that just couldn't get their act together. I always wondered how mine managed to make it all line up. They made things look so incredibly easy.

When I made it to high school, the insight became a little more evident. I started understanding the hard work that they put in to make things run so smoothly, or as smooth as they could. Work was done to ensure that we had clothes on our backs and food on the table. They did their best to give us the opportunities to have fun; cheering, showing animals at the festivals, riding horses, and more. Those activities aren't cheap. At the age of 5 or 6, I expected everything to be "possible." I never really cared about the price of the matter. But, the older I got, the more I started to understand.

After graduation, I started college. I began plaicng value to the things I owned because I saw how my money was being spent. It hit home. All those years of watching my Moma and Daddy make due with what they had to give my brother and I everything started meaning so much more. Like I said here, how can you disrespect someone that gives you their all. In my opinion, they made it to where I wanted to follow their rules to honor them and all of the hard work they did to give me a home and a good life.

When you have parents that offer their full support and show you how much they love and adore you, it's hard not to show how much you respect them through words and through your actions. I was always trying to show them how much they meant to me whether it was through working hard at school with good grades, working around the house to make their work loads easier, or just hanging out with them.

In parts 1 and 2 of this little mini series, I explained the character traits of my Moma and Daddy and why they were so special. I hope it's as evident to you as it is to me how amazing they are. I honestly couldn't ask for better parents. Thanks to them, I have the desire to be there and provide for my family as they did for theirs. I believe whole heartedly that the primary reason I am the woman I am today is all because they spent the time to show me how to face life. How to work through problems. How to be fearful but brave. How to have faith in the Father. How to show those you love that you love them. And how to make family priority.

My Moma, the goofy gushy lady, and my Daddy, the stern hardworking puppy dog, gave me all they had. And this is for them. To let them know that my heart is full of their love and that they did a great job.
"wow!"

Why oh why did the Lord bless me with such wonderful, loving, caring, strong, and dependable parents? I consider myself to be very blessed.

I love you guys! More than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14