Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Easy Spinach Saute

When it comes to vegetables, my husband has never been a huge fan. I've done a pretty good job since we've known each other of introducing him to as many vegetables as possible. To his surprise, he has liked most of them. Spinach, however has been one that I've had trouble with...even though he can tear up my homemade Spinach Artichoke dip.  For some reason, he says he cant get past the texture. Men. *giggle*
Last night I was craving spinach for some odd reason and thought I might give it another try and see if Mike might like it this way instead.

Here's how I fixed.

One clear grocery bag filled to the top (like my measurements?)
1 piece of squash
2 pieces of cooked bacon slice and broken into pieces.
1/2 of a shallot
2 cloves of garlic
2 Tbspn olive oil
1 Tbspn sea salt

Heat the oil and slowly cook your garlic and shallots. Don't over cook b/c it'll become bitter. Add in your squash and when it becomes slightly transluent, add your spinach, salt and bacon. Cook all together until the spinach is cooked through. 3-5 mintues. Eat it up!

Pretty easy huh? Mike loved it....YAY!!!
Next time, I'm going to try  it with some lemon juice, thanks to my husband. He said it would even be good with grilled fish; we had it with porkchops this time.

Are ya gonna try it? It's really fast  and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14