Friday, September 2, 2011

It's Bag Time

We go to the gym about everyday, the girls and I. Tugging them, their diaper bag, and all my gym what-nots in and out is always a hastle...until now.

I seriously don't know why I didn't think of doing this sooner. I got this bag from the hospital after the girls were born. A way for them to promote breastfeeding I suppose. Worked for me! *wink*


I've used it often but honestly, I tired of showing off the whole logo thing. When I was on the search in the house for a bag to modify for gym days, it clicked when I saw it. Scrap materials and a little bit of time would leave me with a perfect solution. So I got busy...


My material supply is super low these days. I was left with very little to play with, but all was well. I found a strip of paisley poplin and some circle cut outs that worked well together. I took the pink poplin and created a ruffle stile strip using the tug and pull method.
Tug the bottom thread and pull the material. You can see it better here.


Then I sewed the strip onto the bag, which was very tricky since the bag was already sewn together. All I can say is Patience!!! *smile* I finally managed to get it on there though. Laying it out only to realize that, yeah, it's definitely NOT straight! Maybe I should have noticed that before I started sewing...hmmm.


Quick fix though...I made a little flower to attach where the center gets all crazy like...
A four petal flower, turquoise backer, and a fabric covered button.
Done!


Not too shabby huh?



I love it! And I've already gotten some comments on it from the girls in the child watch..yay!!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14