Friday, October 21, 2011

Let's Talk Honey Chicken

This meal has become a favorite in our house. It's so easy and so good. Even on those nights when the last thing I want to do is cook...I jump up at the mention of Honey Chicken.


What you'll need:
2 chicken breasts
1 onion, sliced or chopped
1 can chicken broth
1/4 cup honey
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1 Tbspn red pepper flakes
1 tspn ginger
2-3 Tbspn olive oil
Salt and Pepper
2 Tbspn cornstarch
Little bit of water

Cut the chicken into chunks, bite size pieces, small enough for one bite. You get the idea *smile* Cook the chicken thoroughly. Possibly browning it up a bit. Stir well because it might stick to the pan a little. You'll want to salt and pepper the chicken while it's cooking.




Once the chicken is cooked through, add the onions and stir to separate the sections.  Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the onions start looking translucent.
Just a side note, the type of onion you use will definitely effect the flavor of the dish. If you like onion, but aren't crazy about a potent onion flavor, make sure to pick up a sweet onion or a Vidalia. Yellow onions will make it really strong.


You can see here I have a purple (or red) onion. I was using what I had on hand and it came out stronger than preferred.

Next add in the honey,

 garlic, ginger

 and red pepper flakes.


Stir well to combine all the flavors.


The last steps are to add in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. After about 5 minutes, mix your cornstarch and water to make a slurry and pour into the pan. This will thicken it up. serve over white or brown rice with a nice veggie side dish. Mmm...mmmm!


 

This is Hope, 2 months ago, begging for Honey Chicken. She loves it! Can you see she's signing "more' to me? Needless to say, I didn't make it too spicy this time.


Gobble it up girl!


Don't you just love reminiscing through old photos? I love my babies.

I hope you enjoy this if you try it. It really is super easy and even more delicious.

Happy Friday everyone!

Sweet Luvins!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14