Thursday, October 20, 2011

Playing Catch

The sky has graciously been sharing it's slight grey hue with us lately. Shading the eastern shore with rain. Preparing us for what arrived early this morning.


It's chilly. Slightly cold. My toes are warm and snuggled in my worn out slippers.  My hands are warmed by my can't get enough coffee. And the babies are still enjoying their sweet dreams.
What a great way to start the day.

We managed to squeeze in a good run at the gym yesterday before the rain made way. Playtime at the Y is a desired moment for this house. It's a time of growth and almost meditative for me. With 2 hours allotted each day, I should be strong and lean instead of...well...let's move on shall we?

This week the girls have been so much better. I can't tell if it's me or them. After an almost two hour talk with my friend Leigha, I think my outlook and frustrations seemed to fade. It's almost like their screams and tantrums have turned foggy, not effecting me as bad. Or...maybe its my approach that is different? I'm not sure, but I like it.

We bought them some outside adventures this weekend. The jumpy castle isn't an everyday event, so these fit in between and work very well for ordinary days of outside play. If only Daddy will just let go of his dream to be a child again...geesh! *smile*



We made big girls steps yesterday. A trip to Target was actually not too bad. The ladies and I strolled up and down aisles. We admired the overpriced items and finally made our way in the direction of the books to pick up these...


Yes! We are pressing forward with the beginning stages of potty training. The "awareness" stage. Don't worry. I'm taking notes so that when it's all said and done, I can share my knowledge of do's and don'ts on the pontifications of potty training twins.

Yep I'm scared! and that's a HUGE understatement

The light box was brought out yesterday for fall discovery. The lights really made the leaves look so neat I'm not sure who enjoyed it the most ...me or the girls



They love this thing too. I first saw it HERE and knowing that I couldn't afford a real one, I made my own. It's used often! I found another Mom that made her own too...hers is much more sturdy.


The rain stopped just before bedtime so the girls could see their first rainbow...amazing isn't it? And what a better way to wrap up the day than with fresh out of the tub, twin snuggles?


Can you see his heart melting?

It's been a great week so far. The girls are on the better road and I have been busy just enjoying all the small things.

Awh...Happy Little Friday!!

Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. Love you sweet friend!! I am so glad that this week has gone so much better!! You are such a great moma!! You are doing an amazing job! Still praying for you and your beautiful family! LOVE all of the pictures!! Thank you for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are having a better week! We are too!!! I love all the pictures! How did you make your light box? I've been thinking about making one, but wasn't exactly sure how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are too cute. I love daddy/daughter time. Sweet. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stopping by from aisle to aloha.. i'd love for to stop by my blog and checkout the huge ($100) giveaway going on-http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html xoxo nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm stopping by from aisle to aloha link up party and am stopping to say hello & show some blog follow love!

    xo!
    Des, www.manoymetal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14