After several supper mishaps last week, I finally had a successful night in the kitchen. I even got a big, "MMM...mmmm!!!" from the husband on this one. We're definitely throwing this recipe into our book of favorites. I think you will too!
I found the original recipe at Confessions of a Homeschooler but altered some things. It was already an extremely simple recipe, but like I've said before...I'm a tweaker to all things if possible. *smile*
1 T olive oil plus 1/4 cup of half olive oil-half veggie oil
1 t grated fresh ginger
1 1/2 minced or grated fresh garlic
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
About 1 cup of light brown sugar
2 cups of beef steak ( I used a chuck roast and it was great!)
white or brown rice
- In a small sauce pan, heat 1 T olive oil and add the ginger and garlic. Cook for only a few seconds and then add the soy sauce. Slowly add the brown sugar and stir until it's dissolved. Turn the heat to low and let simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cut the stank into strips or chunks. Toss it into a bowl or a bag with the corn starch and coat well. Let sit.
- Using whatever method you prefer, steam your broccoli; Microwave, stove top, etc.
- In a pan, add the 1/4 cup oil combo and heat until hot. Add the meat and stir to brown. Once it's cooked through, remove and set aside.
- With a cloth or towel, wipe the remnants of the meat and oil from the pan. Add the meat back in with the broccoli and gently stir around for 1-3 minutes. Add the sauce tot he pan and mix together. Once you see and steady bubble in your sauce...it's done!!!
- Serve it over rice and eat up!!!
This meal was very easy to make and everyone, including my picky eaters, enjoyed it. I hope you give it a try and like it as much as we do. It's really a frugal type meal if you think about it with ingredients that tend to be always on hand. Good Eats!