Monday, December 31, 2012

Stripping it Down

Yesterday the girls and I started un-decorating the house piece by piece. There wasn't a lot out to put away, but there was still work to be done.



All the ornaments (or lack there of this year) were taken off the tree. It was stripped of all it's glory and left up for Daddy to put away when he got home from work. We dismantled the mantel and left it bare until I felt a spring of inspiration...otherwise known as PINTEREST. *smile*


All of this undoing and stripping of the holiday decor made me think of how we become brand new when we give our hearts and lives to God. 

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians  5:17 
As Christians we should strip our life of all the nonsense this world decorates it with. What a better time to rid our heart of all the clutter and create a more simplified outlook for the Lord than with the arrival of a new year. Lamentations 3:22-24 


Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14 


And that is exactly what we plan to do. 
Each day for Jesus. 
Full of hope and trust for whatever NEW He has to offer. 
With that, I hope you and your family have a fan-tab-u-lous New Years. I'll see you on the other side. 

1 comment:

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14