Monday, February 11, 2013

Finding myself lately...

...in the kitchen. The place where I cook, wash, play, serve, create, cut, bake and get lost in another world. This is where I feel more at home than anywhere else in my house. 


It's not a big space. In fact, it's a walk through type area. A carousel to the outside or in...your preference. I've learned over time to adore it and it's quaint space. With much trial and error, I've turned it into something very efficient for my families needs. It's not big enough for much but I'm rarely alone in there which makes it feel big as ever . The girls join me in many doings and eventually dive into some sort of creative mess like their Moma. 


It's a full space. Very abundant. Able to provide even when I feel lacking. Tucked away in its nooks and crannies are enough to fill bellies and calm any woes. Tame a sweet tooth or sneak a treat or two or five. It's the berries that's for sure. 



It is by far the most used room in the house. The most cleaned. The most filled. Where most lessons are learned whether through food indulgences or slippery mishaps. In here I'm reminded the responsibilities of caring for my family and remain grateful for a love of food and the space for preparing it. 



It's been many meals that have helped to bring me back to my happy place and bring focus to my priorities and desires to care for those that I love the most. 

Cooking is at once child's play and adults joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love. --Craig Claiborne 


This week, we'll be enjoying a few of these meals. 


Monday - Grilled Chops, rice, and green beans
Tuesday Asian Chicken Legs, Sugar snap peas, and carrots
Wednesday Potato and Ham Soup
Thursday Drunken Chops, rice, corn on the cob
Friday - Burgers, macaroni salad, home fries
Saturday Flank Steak, baked beans, corn

2 comments:

  1. I understand what you mean, I spend most of my time in my kitchen and I love it :)

    Yummy looking menu :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate to this. We love our kitchen too - for all the great things it offers - and the space I get to have to create meals, which I love!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14