Tuesday, July 2, 2013

7/2 Tuesday Motivation

So are you doing anything special for the 4th of July? 
Going out of town for family visits or headed to the beach? 
I'm so very excited to see some family this week and enjoy some missed family time. 

Since it's Tuesday, I thought I'd give you some Tuesday Motivation. Determined to stay on track, I knew I had to come up with a short but killer sweet workout to stay on my game. Not knowing what sort of workout gear/equipment might be available while away, I whipped up a little workout holiday appropriate. No explanations for not getting my Sweat on.


Fourth of July Star Workout
Perform all exercises two times through.  

Star Plank Jacks
Jump Rope Session
Star Burst Squat Jumps
Jump Rope Session
Leg Lift, Star Crunch and Butt Lift
Jump Rope Session
Speed Skaters
Jump Rope Session

Explanations with Images:

Star Plank Jacks

Image Source
Start in a plank position with feet together. 
Keep everything tight and your bum lowered to make a straight line with your back. 
While keeping your hands in place, jump your feet our in a "jumping jacks" type motion and quickly bring them back to start position. That is One.  Do 30. Rest for one minute and do another set of 30.

Star Burst Squat Jumps

Image Source
Start in a squat position. Pushing through your legs, jump up extending legs and arms into a star. Land back in a squatted position. Keep knees soft. Perform 3 sets of 30.

 Leg Lift, Star Crunch and Butt Lift
Image Source
Start in a flat position. 
Raise both legs with back flat on the ground.
Spread legs and perform a reach through crunch.
Pull legs back together, return shoulders to the ground.
Lift bum off the ground.
Repeat 30 times.

Speed Skaters
Image Source
Cross your left leg behind your right leg as you bend your right knee 90 degrees. Extend your right arm out to your side and swing your left arm across your right leg (A).
Jump a few feet to the other side, switching the position of your legs and arms (B).
That’s one rep. Continue jumping from side to side until you've done 12 to 15 reps on each side
Jump Rope Session
In between each workout, perform the 90 seconds jump rope session. No need for an actual rope, just perform the motion keeping arms tight and close. Give it your all and get that heart rate UP!!!

 That's it!
Cool down and go grab a glass of water. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Are you ready for the 4th?!? Our July is going to be awesome this year! I'm so excited. I've got family on the brain and goals in sight. 

My July Goals:
Push past that comfort zone
Concentrate on things I can control
Listen to my body
Show grace to my girls

Make some goals for yourself, go write them down, then come back to share them with me. 

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAHHHHH!!!! That looks like a killer workout, but then again, I did just get done with mine and my body is happily sore ;) I'll have to try it out sometime - it looks awesome! You can do it! Glad you get to visit with family this holiday weekend! We are just hanging around here, soaking in having Max home a couple extra days - he has duty today/tomorrow, so having a long weekend will be a breath of fresh air after a short (yet long!) busy week!

    My goals for July: work on my patience/grace with the kids, workout 6 days/week, put healthy food in my body (with one moderate splurge day), and spend time in the Word each day, even if it's for 5 minutes.

    Thanks for being an awesome encourager through these posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your goals. Very doable and within reach. I hope you're able to enjoy Max being home. I know sometimes things get hectic and the joy is hard to notice. But remember to look for those joy eggs. :)

      Happy 4th!!

      Delete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14