Monday, July 15, 2013

mountain calm


One morning while visiting my aunt and uncle, I managed to wake up earlier than everyone else and sneak up stairs. The entire house was peaceful quiet and the view. Its one of many that will stay with me always. 


I sat cuddled in a blanket and simply watched the morning clouds roll over the mountain tops. Swirl in looptyloops with the wind change and fluff up like a rooster on prowl.

It was calm. My mind relaxed more so than it has in quite some time. While I don't get to this relax state very often, I soaked up every minute I had. With my cup of coffee in hand and my responsibilities  still sleeping their dreams to play, I sat quietly upstairs and watched the beautiful mountain calm.



Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 
John 14:27 

 I'm learning that He is there always to show me something in a different light. This calm is nothing new, I've seen it before. I just failed to embrace it. Well by golly, Lord, I'm listening now and I'm grabbing hold with a fierce grip. Someone once said, "true peace is not the calm before the storm, but the calm during the storm."  And this is something I'm seeing every day now. How amazing to know that I can call on Him to find true peace at any moment I choose. These mountains are my reminder that the Lord is my sweet mountain calm. 




I take you with me sweet calm to revisit when days become heavy and burdensome. I take you with me to remind me of your majestic nature and gentleness in one. I take you with me to remind me  that you can steady all my fears and you can calm my heart even through some of the most troubling times.

It'll be a while before we're able to come back and enjoy these mountains for their beauty. But comfort is found knowing that I can take their calm with me wherever I go and whenever need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14